Thursday 27 April 2017

W- Witch


Print
A 50-year-old woman to her friend:

‘I sometimes, feel like an outsider to my family’

‘That’s not true! What makes you say that?’

‘Nothing major. It’s just that there are a few things that happen in the house which make me feel small... may be careless or not responsible’

‘You are 55, woman! You have lived your whole life thinking about everyone in your family, you have sacrificed so much for them, you have given so much to them... you can’t feel small after doing all of this! Tell me what happened?’

‘I guess. But my family doesn’t feel that way. It was just in the morning today when my granddaughter was playing in our room on the floor (who is 14 months old) when suddenly my DIL (daughter-in-law) came in and snapped at me for not looking at her daughter properly’

‘What was wrong in that?’

‘I know! I still cannot fathom the reason behind such an attitude’

‘There is no reason! Your DIL is a witch! That is how girls are these days. They think only they know what is best as if we have done nothing in our lives. And this is when they have only one child. Imagine, in our times, we had 5-6 children along with the other children in the same house and everything turned out good for everyone’

Source

Another 28-year-old to her friend:

‘You know things are really different in this house’

‘Different? Why? What happened?’

‘Nothing ya. Everyone in this house is so carefree... or careless I must say that they don’t think about small things that can happen! I am not raised like this and I cannot handle how things work in this house’

‘But what happened, S... why are you so upset?’

‘You know what happened in the morning today? My daughter was playing in mummyji’s (addressed to mother-in-law) room on the floor, which is no problem. I know she keeps it clean. But she was sitting near the electric board and was trying to play with the plug by inserting her fingers in the switch! Can you beat that? And there was a charger connected to the other plug which was again in her hands! When I saw this, I completely lost it! I can’t take this ya! How can they not see that? And it is so dangerous! Anything could have happened! Gone are the days when there used be 5-children in the house. I have only one daughter and if anything happens to her, I don’t know what I will do!

Instances like this happen all the time in the house. And then they feel bad, that I become rude, at times! You tell what am I supposed to do?’



Cheers

Welcome to my Blog! This A to Z Challenge, my theme is Let’s see the other Side’. Through this theme, I'm trying to giving voice lot of things that go around us and yet I can't do much to bring about the change. I feel, sharing my thoughts in my space here will somewhere make someone think and bring about the change we all want to see!
where I’ll be sharing about the daily nuances that we’ve been seeing in the same way since 1990’s! (:P) But this time you’re going to ponder over it a bit differently.

Feel free to express your thoughts and I'd be all ears!

I hope you have a great time here!

12 Discussion

  1. Interesting when things are viewed from both perspectives. The tale just changed and I didnt know who to sympathise with at all.

    ​Wish upon the stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 situation. 2 sides. Who IS the witch?! Simply brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm well as the story shows each story has two sides .. if only we take time to look at both the sides...

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  4. o true, that when we get 'mad'at something we forget the other person doesnt even think of it on those lines!
    well written of course!

    http://slimexpectations.com/2017/04/letter-w/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way you present both sides of the situation. Really makes you think how to respond, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It shows how we just think from our POV and never think from others POV. Interesting read Geet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's why one must step into the other person's shoes before judging him or her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That just show how we shouldn't take anything on face value. Every story has another side to it. Nicely done, Geetika. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's why it is said, there are three sides to every scenario, yours, the other persons and the truth! Well written!

    Shubhangi @ The Little Princess

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are two sides to every story and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. For each his own perspective :-)
    Nice stories

    A Peice Of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny