Thursday 13 April 2017

K-Kitty Party


Print
Source
So one fine afternoon, after a really long time, you decide to go out for lunch with your friends to a place where you guys can have a good time. And all you want is some good food, a good service and of course, peace so that you can make all the noise in the world!  (:P)

There’s some kind of happiness one feels when you’re about to meet your friends.

The moment you enter the restaurant, you find a bunch of ladies, occupying the center table and making noises that can never be competed! Suddenly, all the happiness seems to vanish away in your head!

But why does the presence of a few ladies, who’re busy chit-chatting and playing their games bother you so much? Because of noise, eh? Yeah... to some extent maybe!

But the point is, most of the people abhor these kitty parties to an extent that even if it’s the last thing to do earth, you wouldn’t be in its favor.

But why so judgemental? They’re just hanging out with their girls... Sure not everyone is everyone’s favorite and sure they backbite or gossip about almost everyone, but there’s more to it!

This once in a month meeting gives them so much happiness and relief, of which we don’t have a hunch! Spending some time away from the kids and the daily routine does wonder to their souls! And this is not it. You do know that these parties keep rotating around various themes like Diwali, Holi, regional themes, fashion themes, color codes and so on. What steals the show is the amount and energy one puts in, in order to win the prize! And mind you, it’s the amount or the prize (it may be as low as Rs 50 gift), but that joy she feels after winning is inexplicable! And how whole-heartedly she worked for it and it was all worth it!

Let’s take an example. So let’s say there’s a theme where one needs to come as a Bengali woman. 

Now let’s go prepare a list of everything she can wear and do to look like a typical Bengali woman!

Draping saree in Bengali style (red and white), putting alta (red color liquid) in hands, hair bun, buying a Bengali saree, make-up, big bindi, to name a few!

There’s of course more that they can do with it, but did you see, how much engrossed they get into it and for this, they think over for the whole month. It’s always in their mind, running somewhere in their head about the preparations they need to make for the D-Day!

And if it gives them so much joy, then who are we to say?

So next time when you see a bunch of women laughing out loud, don’t wear that judgemental hat and give them a smile!

Cheers
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This A to Z Challengeseason I’m going to give you a ride and take you to all the places untouched! My theme this year is Let’s see the other Side’where I’ll be sharing about the daily nuances that we’ve been seeing in the same way since 1990’s! (:P) But this time you’re going to ponder over it a bit differently.

Stay tuned to find out what's more in store!

27 Discussion

  1. Yeah kitty parties are made fun everywhere. In media too. But that don't understand how exciting it must be for the women to get out of their house and indulge in something more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! They are criticized almost everywhere and I too did that but not anymore!

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Point taken dear and I appreciate you for showing me this side of kitty parties. They make a lot of sense to me suddenly now :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always take kitty parties with a pinch of salt, due to preconceived notions about vain women. But now that you point it out, it's almost the same as how we feel when we hang out with our girl friends and have lots of fun. Have done that bit so can relate to it. Thanks for showing this side of kitty party to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could change your perspective.

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. I admit I did have the stereotypical image in my head when I heard the word "kitty party".
    yOU RAISE a very valid point.

    Maggie McAndrew and Kylee McGrane: Real Life Princesses of Compassion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roshan! I'm glad you could see it differently!

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. I am also one of those who abhors kitty parties but then my GF time hanging out is akin to that only!! Point noted Geets!!!

    Theme: Peregrination Chronicles (travel)
    K is for Kathakali in Kerala #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! Happy to learn that, Shalini :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Tell me about it! Though not a typical kitty party, Army has got its fair share of ladies meets with themes. It is not only the dressing up then, everything including the decor and food will adhere to the theme. Oh, games too! :)
    Thailand Travel Stories at Kohl Eyed Me
    26 Indian Dishes at Something's Cooking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O yes! But Army parties aren't detested, right, unlike kitty parties! Isn't it fun for you guys to have some good time with the folks!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Frankly I dont like the idea of kitty parties where ladies sit eat and just gossip. But theme kitty parties are fun and agree with you that may be its fun for those ladies who need a break from daily chores of life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been ages since I went to a kitty party. But when I did, it was a fun day, always. Planning clothes for the theme, arranging games and then food with friends. We really looked forward to this one day, every month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O yes, they do! So much so that they're ready to skip anything other event for it!

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. I have never heard of a kitty party. But, I know that when my girls were younger I needed those times when I could be with friends and get a break. It was my sanity check. I like the idea of a theme too. WeekendsInMaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty parties are ladies get togethers where they sit and enjoy. People don't like this because they have this sense that the women are jobless and don't do anything productive and just gossip and stuff!

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. I know! Fancy people getting judgmental about giggling ladies! Arre, we have a life too!!! :)

    Shubhangi @ The Little Princess

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! Yeah, we DO tend to get judgmental about them. In Patna, my aunts used to gamble with cards in their kitty parties. That's all they did, other than food of course. I don't like that, so yeah I am critical of it. But in Kanpur, and even here in Jaipur, the ladies go to great lengths to plan different themes and creative games for these occasions. Which is fun, I believe.
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to be anti-kitty party too but then I once had to write an article on them and I found it wasn't so bad after all - women laughed, talked, exchanged recipes and ranted about kids. Quite a de-stressing session.

    ReplyDelete
  13. True, people do say 101 hings about kitty parties yet, they do go to them. I have always made it a point of joining the club where ever I go. I get to meet many people who are local and have knowledge of the locality, which I do not. I also get to know about the school, shops, best sweets and many things which I would otherwise not know at all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never been to a Kitty Party nor have I seen my mom attend one. But if handled right they can be stress busters. The problem starts when they become competitive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. On my last trip to India, I helped my MIL organized the kitty party. It was her turn to host. I helped her plan the games. It was good fun. But then the after party started...where sat a few women, the ones who pretended to help clean after and they gossiped and botched about the others at length while I served them tea.
    So how do I feel about such kitty parties, go figure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anything that is harmless fun and lets you de-stress can't be all bad :) But if it means cutting into your daily routine and happens way too often, that may be a problem. Do everything in moderation is my motto :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post Geetika. Yes kitty parties is one of the stress buster for ladies, but I am sure preparations for such is not stress buster :))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny