Tuesday 4 April 2017

C- Candy Crush


Print


How many of you were addicted to it or still are and have killed your precious hours on this revolutionary game? I, for one, haven’t wasted a single second on it.

Yes... we do exist!

The way Facebook has been accepted worldwide, Candy Crush Saga has been equally sensational. So much so that I thought of it being declared as the National Game of the country! :P

And the instances of people being glued to their phones are hilarious.

So a friend of mine was sharing the Candy Crush story of his mom. When his mom learned to play that game, she was so lost in her phone that she ignored every damn thing in her life! Office work, daily chores, social gatherings, everything!

Once my friend was awake until late night and came out of his room around 3 in the morning. He saw a flicker of light coming from his parents’ room and wondered if everything was okay. When he opened the door, it was mostly dark. His father was having a sound sleep, while his mom was missing. This worried him a bit. He started calling out her without letting his father get disturbed. 

And as he approached towards the light (which was coming from the bathroom), he was left aghast! His mom was sitting on the floor with the lights on, playing Candy Crush!!

What is wrong with you, mom!? It’s 3 in the morning!!’

Well... Things people do to play Candy Crush, I tell you!

Source
But that’s not why I chose to write on this topic. There is more to it.

I know a lady... or let’s just say lots of ladies, whose bodies are exhausted after finishing the household work, that all they feel is lie on the bed and have some rest. While doing so, they don’t sleep immediately, though. They have this urge to talk, to share things, to let someone know how exhausting their day was, how nasty the kids got in the evening and the likes.

And in the plethora of these thoughts, she sees her phone! Tempting, eh? Of course, (most) husbands don’t talk much to their wives. And the irony is there are hundreds of contacts in the phone, and yet not a single person whom they can call at an odd hour! Well, that’s the beauty of getting involved in your house altogether! Pun intended!

And the only rescue to free your mind, to get over with the chain of thoughts, to have that ‘me’ time, to put your mind apart from breakfast, lunch or dinner, to feel refreshed again is none other our very favourite... Candy Crush Saga!

And then they get judged for it too! Kids make fun of their moms, saying they’re glued on their phones all the time and don’t look after them, husbands start getting pestered because for once, wife is giving more importance to something else than them, the house management too gets suffered sometimes, but then if those few minutes turned into hours (:P), give them so much peace then so be it! There’s no harm in that.

One shouldn’t be judged for playing Candy Crush, what say you CC lovers?

What do you think? I’m sure not everyone would agree but you’re free to express your thoughts and let me be a part of it!

P.S: Sorry for making it so long! Couldn’t trim more! :D

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to my Blog! I’m so happy to have you here! This A to Z Challenge, I’m going to give you a ride and take you to all the places untouched! My theme this year is Let’s see the other Side’where I’ll be sharing about the daily nuances that we’ve been seeing in the same way since 1990’s! (:P) But this time you’re going to ponder over it a bit differently.

Feel free to express your thoughts and I'd be all ears!

I hope you have a great time here!


51 Discussion

  1. Hahahah not my Cup of tea- but certainly has seen the addiction - up close and personal. Funny post - :-) Thanks my dear- and good luck with atoz:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a bit of CC addict, but I noticed that when I closed my eyes in bed I could still see all those little shapes and colours and figured I needed to stop spending so much time on it!
    Leanne | cresting the hill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious? Glad to know you were able to quit!

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Hehe. I was so addicted to this game once. It was my study holidays and instead of reading I went on playing the game. It was like I had to finish this level, then the next and the next..... The addiction broke however after the exams were over. Now I wonder if it was really the game that was addicting or the study holidays playing its part!!


    Crushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I know so many of these stories! Good to know you were able to call it quit, Swathi!

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. I wasn't much of a Candy Crush addict. When it comes to phone games, I'm not half as ambitious as most people. I can't be too bothered.

    I love your take on "the other side" in this post. Kinda feel sorry for those lonely women. If only our phones had contacts we could dial at any hour instead of these games, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't play games at all! I know how addictive they get! I believe in killing time by watching an interesting sitcom!
      Thanks a ton, Sreesha! I'm glad you liked it! Hope to see you around!

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Lol geetika, guilty of being addicted to this game. Not sure why though, but it would often serve as a stress buster for me. Would end up with a splitting headacheat night, yet the next day would be back at the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Stress buster is the major reason many people stay hooked to it!

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Not one of my favoured pasttimes though I am guilty of being addicted to it once upon a time, many many moons back! Yes its quite a stressbuster but boy what a waste of time - it seriously is!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Happy to know were able to part poles with it!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Hahaha, this reminded me of my candy crush days! Though, I've grown out of it now. :) Quite an entertaining post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Should admit, I haven't tried Candy Crush even once. Farmville was something I was addicted to long back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 2 games in a row would be too much I guess!

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. I have played FarmVille non-stop for 3 years. I was rather addicted to it and would wake up at odd hours of the night to harvest the crop and would be glued to my laptop at all hours and would sneak in and play it from my friend's computers when we were socializing and at their homes. And then I quit it one day, just like that and realized the amount of time I had to do constructive things. After that no addictive games for me. I was pushed and 'motivated' a lot by a few friends to play Candy Crush, but I didnt give in and I am really glad. Games like CC, FV are really time suckers and you simply become slaves to these games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non-stop 3 years!!! Are you kidding me? That's the longest I've heard for any game!! You had some serious self-control for not starting with Candy Crush!

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Never played CC. I avoid these games like the plague after playing farmville for a while. Got bored with it though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I didn't play candy crush itself I was addicted to similar games with some other names. Now, I think that phase has gone for me. Haven't checked a game on the mobile in a year atleast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Never have and never will.. I know this in my heart!

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. I have never played though the man in bed next to me is often found glued on it and I despise it so much :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo!! Finally, a man who wastes his time on CC! Thanks for sharing the information!

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. I haven't played candy crush myself but I don't judge people for playing it. To each his own I say.

    Confusion or Clarity #Lexicon of Leaving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best thing we can do to CC lovers!

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Same pinch! I haven't ever played candy crush but I have had tons of friends who have been like your friend's mom, playing candy crush into the wee hours of the morning like their life depended on it!!

    Shubhangi @ The Little Princess

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoy candy crush but not to the extent its over taken over my life. I think there are worse ways to unwind and remove the stress of the day though
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See! Now, that's what I am talking about!

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. I played it a bit but didn't really get hooked on to it. It's still a better game than Pokemon because you still need some skills! :P

    Sanch @ Sanch Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you!! Do you realise how many productive hours you saved?

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Ha ha! I was a candy crush lover but not anymore. Sometimes games are a stress buster and this one had the powers to take my mind of everything. So give it to the game for this skill ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally give it you! And no judgements for the CC lovers!!

      Cheers

      Delete
  18. Hahaha! Never played it even once! Though I was a Farmville champ in my days! :D
    Happy AtoZing!
    Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O yes! How did I forget about Farmville?
      That too was an addiction of a kind!

      Cheers

      Delete
  19. I still play, somehow I have a restricted time for it, afternoons 3.30 to 4. I have now conquered the games addictability..YAY!
    Launching SIM Organics

    *Menaka Bharathi*

    *SimpleIndianMom*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Candy Crush is a good time pass on slow days, and great at night when your mind can't sleep.

    www.shopgirlanonymous.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear, I have seen so many ladies play Candy Crush while travelling by train! They judge me for sitting without using my phone, while they play levels and levels of match-3 during their daily commute. Sometimes I wonder who is the wiser person out here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Me too! And to what I see, they judged all the time!

      Cheers

      Delete
  22. Yeah! That's a great way to free your mind and change your thoughts to something else!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's a bad addiction, I have seen people playing at almost the smallest break they get in my office, people playing while waiting, one housewife sat after finishing her work to talk to her neighbourhood friend who came over and both chatted along side played candy crush too :) :)
    Candy crush nahi its more of candy crazy

    ReplyDelete
  24. I never play any games on my mobile. Somehow could never stand the thought of it. May be due to the sight of ppl who seem totally engrossed in their phones even when they have a hearing ear.

    But your take is also cool.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your post reminded me of my hubby who loves playing candy crush and I should say he is addicted to it. And agree so many more people are addicted too. It is fun but it should not become a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Geethika, I love Candy Crush and yeah have indulged in it for long. When I get stuck at some super hard level i stop playing for sometime. My son who is one and a half tries to play it too - i guess he likes all the colors.
    Twinkling Tina Cooks
    Tina Basu

    ReplyDelete
  27. Me too! Never wasted a single second on Candy Crush. Well, that is because I was a Farmville addict. I used to plant and water them regularly, had many farm animals, built stables, bought new houses! Oh, reminds me! It has been ages since I played it. I should get back to it right? :)
    Lovely post. And yes, if the lady of the house wants to play, so be it!
    Thailand Travel Stories at Kohl Eyed Me
    26 Indian Dishes at Something's Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL! well, I love my candy crush. and i asolutely agree, it is the one time in the day when we get to just play! lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Former Candy Crush Addict here! * raises hand *
    I was the 3 am in the bathroom kind too! Till my husband asked me to choose between him and CC:)))

    Mayuri

    ReplyDelete
  30. You didn't ?? I'm guilty of playing it but thankfully never got addicted and never ever sent requests!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny