Wednesday 26 April 2017

Of Half Love, Half Friendship


Print
It was during the second year of my four year course when things started to change. Being a localite, I had the advantage of knowing the city better along with my personal vehicle to move around places. As I was a geek in college, all I cared for was marks... Yes, they mattered a lot to me. And I did everything I could to score well in my exams. 

Due to this, I got a little popular amongst the 400 students in the whole batch. It was when my technical skills got into the limelight, a lot of students started approaching me. In that lot, there was a guy named, Sachin who came here from another city and didn’t know anyone. He had a different background and thus wasn’t really strong in his subjects. He was the first guy who genuinely approached me for studies and according to him, I was the first girl who said yes to teaching him things and help him through.

We clicked in one instant became best friends in college. As he didn’t know anything in the city, I took him to a lot of places. Places that became our favorite spots for a hangout. Time flew and we got closer. But it was only a good friendship that we shared.

Source
One fine evening, we were invited to a friend’s birthday party which was organized in a club. We went there, had a few drinks, ate good food and danced! With each other... a lot! Our bodies were grooving just right on the music beats and we were completely in rhythm with each other. Everyone felt there was something going on between us then (but actually nothing was going on)! 

We only shared a good chemistry.

Both of us headed to a friend’s place for the sleepover, where everyone reached and slept (given the number of drinks everyone had). We too were drunk but were totally in our senses. We just lay on the bed where we found some space. There were other two friends who were lying on the same bed but we didn’t care and decided to doze off.

In reality, none of us sleep that night. Sure, we wanted to, but couldn’t. Call it the effect of the alcohol or whatever, but I was tipsy and he was calmer than usual. Just when I pushed myself into the sleeping mode, I felt something, underneath my dress! I instantly stopped it and later realized it was Sachin’s hand! I had goosebumps all over my body and he just wanted to take his hands inside more. I knew I had to put a stop to it and I tried... a lot! But couldn’t control him... or let’s just say, resist him!

His hand gave me that electric current that I had never felt in my life, ever! He knew I was liking it and so moved his hands more, first on my neck, then on my hands, moving to my stomach and then above it. He was trying to undo my bra but couldn’t! Obviously, he was a naive boy. The first thought that crossed my mind was, we’re just friends! We’re not even committed! How can we do this? But my body had no intentions listening to my mind. I just wanted to be in his arms. He touched me... and kissed my lips and it was magical. I knew it wasn't love and yet I didn’t want him to stop!

Source

We kissed and kissed some more! Our tongues were dancing with each other when we sealed our lips together. He wanted to do more... I wanted to do more but we had other people around us! The night passed touching each other at places unexplored!

The following day, it felt different to both of us. We knew it was the effect of last night. But with morning, came the reality. We weren’t committed and what we had last night wasn’t what friends do.

We discussed this and decided to keep ourselves in limits and maintain the friendship we had. But the fact was our friendship had been effectively ruined that night.

We couldn’t resist for even a week and decided to continue our incomplete affair. And we booked a hotel for the same. Getting in the hotel wasn’t a problem. I had friends in the city and it wasn’t a task. 
From that day on, our rendezvous became a regular affair. We went to the hotel every fortnight and gave our bodies that much-needed pleasure. Sure, I started having more affection for him and he became a bit possessive for me. We knew we liked each other a lot, but none of us wanted to put a label to what we were having. Maybe we were scared of losing it once we put it in a label. I didn’t want to risk that. Nor did he.

We knew we were more than friends but less than lovers. Maybe we were Friends With Benefits! At some points, when I flirted with other boys or simply hang out with them, he would get jealous. He never said a word, yet his eyes said it all. And I kind of liked this arrangement. There were no strings attached. And yet some invisible strings were tying us together.

With college, our affair ended as well. But during this while, neither did he nor did I found anyone else. After changing cities, we almost lost touch with each other.

And today, when I look back I feel just fine. Because there weren’t any strings attached, right?

Cheers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 “I am sharing a Half relationship story at BlogAdda in association with #HalfGirlfriend

11 Discussion

  1. "Friends with benefits" is what we call this in the United States. But young women do not know what complications can result from the "more than friendship part".

    ReplyDelete
  2. But there are still memories. And sometimes those can be quite disturbing. And sometimes that is where the strings get attached. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it hard to believe it would've ended that way with life moving on so easily. What defines friendship and love is itself so vague. Wasn't this just friendship crossing over to love? But then if both the partners are on the same page - friendship, love, or the in-between, it wouldn't really matter. Nice read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both did what you felt comfortable with at that point in time...nothing wrong with that as long as you both are fine.

    A good read this is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate the frankness with which you narrated your half relationship story, Geetika!
    I don't find anything unethical about it at all, because you both knew what you were getting into, and you both parted without any bitter feelings. It's best to remember such relationships as something beautiful from that particular phase of your life, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos for being so upfornt and frank about this relationship - accepting it for what it is the best thing to do and I quite enjoyed reading about it. I think we have all gone through something like this in our lives where the experimentation with a very comfortable friend is all thats needed!!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. It takes a lot of courage to write about a half relationship with the kind of honesty you have written Geets. Kudos to you!

    And since the feelings weren't involved, I guess it made the separation easier on the both of you. Like they say, all's well that ends well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Relationships I think come in all shapes and sizes. As long as both people in the relationship are clear about what it means to them it's quite fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is the best relationship where we both can behave like a friend and couple too.
    I just loved it the way you explained everything.
    Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I want to tell you that your writing skills of the blog is so good.
    Keep blogging always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG While reading your article, i was started to imagine myself... Something similar happened to me... Hahaha And your writing reminds me of Chetan and Durgoya. Nice Post...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny