Thursday 5 November 2015

Why I blog?


Print

Why do I blog?

To know why I blog, I think I should first analyze why I write?

I write simply because I feel contended after writing. I haven’t yet realized if it is my passion. I am still discovering.. my writing as well as myself. Writing gives me peace of mind. It started when I didn’t have any friends, not a single shoulder to cry on, not a single creature around me to hear my tale.. just my diary and my pen. I know, it's quite a cliché.. but there is a reason why they're called clichés.. don’t you think?
I am not very assertive.. in person,.. writing, I don’t really know yet and I’m not aggressive either.. I just want to give words to my soul, let the inner side come out and make space, and writing is the best way to do so.. I am verbose as well and express what I really feel in an instant, but writing makes it all so special..

A simple hand written note matters much more than pricey gifts.. Words mean so much to me.. and I love to write for others as well.
Gradually, when I came out of the aloofness, I realized I could write happy things.. special things.. and then I started expressing myself with my writing.. to friends of course.. And then these folks pushed me to write more and more.. I am not a writer yet, and I know my writing requires LOTS of improvement, and it will take time as well, but as long as I’m writing consistently, who knows where I might reach with this simple, not-so-good- collection of alphabets merged together to uncover something meaningful, to which even I am oblivious!
I write because there is no other way I have to make myself clear. When I have something on my mind, but not the right person to share, or may be the topic is something that I’d like to keep it to myself, writing takes over everything. And I am glad about that!

Writing is therapeutic.. it heals our crooked broken soul and soothes it by oozing out words, ready to be heard, or written!  

And that is where blog comes in. It’s like being the star.. the owner.. typing in your own name or the name you choose, is what thrilled me the most.. I mean come on, we search like a zillion pages online, enter umpteen website names of someone we don’t even know.. and now we have a way to let people enter the name we choose..! Along with being heard or read.. it seemed so exciting to me.
I wasn’t regular with my blog at all initially (you can check how meagrely I posted), I really had to push myself to write something on this space. And then A-to-Z challenge happened this year.. And I am so grateful I participated in it.. Until then, I barely knew anyone on Blogosphere.. I only used to read Soumya’s blog and follow her diligently.. and I really loved her writings.. and then she helped me out, with how I can do more with it on my blog and I cannot thank her enough for that.. And then I joined B-A-R.. or I should say, THE B-A-R.. and that is best thing that has happened with me this year, in the world of writing! Knowing so many proficient writers and reading their beautiful creations, interacting with them, learning from them, sharing with them, getting a push from them to write more and more.. I don’t know if I need anything else?! I just feel so happy.. that is it!

Blogging has become so very special to me right now, a part of my life I can’t probably imagine without!

What is blogging for you? How did you get started with this beautiful journey? I’m all ready to listen..

Linking with NoMo- Day 5

Happy Reading

Cheers

18 Discussion

  1. I'm so glad to see you've expanded so much since you first started writing. I love writing. Full stop. Noels, a daily blog, comments on friends' blogs. But most of all, it gives me a way to contact people all over the world and share ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. it's a great way to reciprocate.. learn and be involved in this developing process..
      Thanks Francene :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Geets, you have put it very beautifully. Glad to have met you through BAR. Raise a toast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ls.. It's good to hear from you :)

      Cheers to all the BAR tenders :)

      Delete
  3. Such an honest post and that's your forte. So good to know you through this blog of yours. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Parul..! It's seriously a delight to hear from you :)
      Thank you soo much :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. I could so relate to this. When I started blogging, I had no clue as to where it would go. May be 4-5 posts at the max. But the journey has been addictive, and exhilarating, and blogging has become such an important part of my life :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. and see what all heights it has taken you Amrit..!!
      Glad to have connected with you through this blogging world..

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Haha.. I can totally see what you said by glancing at the archives - the bit about how the challenge in 2015 made a difference :D
    Well done. And yes, blogging is therapeutic for me too. And I'm gonna finish 10 years in less than 4 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. it was only for the A to Z challenge, that my blog finally got a life and I am so glad about it..
      10 years is major..!! Congratulations and hats off to you for the consistency!

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Perfectly written, and just another reason why we're glad you write, and blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow..!! That sounds so good Karen :)
      Thanks a lot for your love :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Awesome dear..just awesome,
    All through out the post I felt like I was reading my story in your words..
    Keep writing dear...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! that is so good to hear.. connecting with someone is the best part of writing!

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. I am not sure if my comment came through so here goes again!

    That was brilliantly said ! I enjoyed reading your reasons :)
    I have been blogging for ages now! And my blog is a simple reflection of me, my thoughts and sometimes, my stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad :) and I like your writing style :)
      Thank you so much Pixie:)

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. You are way too sweet. I'm glad to have been a part of your journey :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny