Friday 13 November 2015

Life On-Line


Print
Life Online.. an interesting and intriguing prompt I must say. I am an extrovert. I make conversations easily with other others without having the fear of being judged. Making new friends is always a cherry on the cake for me, for my over the top yapping nature. But when it comes to online, I take time.. to open up.. May be I’m introvert online! Am I sounding stupid here, eh?
I really need to feel that bond or some connection to make a conversation with anyone, and be friends later may be. Sometimes, what I really wonder is how is it really possible? I mean I know the other person through their pictures and posts and write-ups. And you know what a sham world this social media is. Say a sentence, write anything, upload a picture and people have their quirky eyes on you. They are ready to label you and meticulously judge you for everything single thing.

On the contrary, I find it difficult to randomly start a chat with someone I barely know.. It may be weird I guess, and may be people assume me of not being friendly enough with them, but that is how it is with me. I don’t know how to cajole someone I barely know. Yeah, if I like something of someone, I appreciate them and I think we should value things that are worthy of it. But beyond that, 
I really don’t know how to go about it.. Seriously! If you know, please teach me the art.. I am all ready to learn and listen..

How is it with you? Are you an introvert or extrovert? And how does it is when online?

I really want to know.

Day 13 of NoMo
Linking with Friday Reflections
Happy Reading

Cheers

10 Discussion

  1. This is an interesting post. I've never really thought about it, but I guess I'm reasonably cautious online. I think it's a different kind of relationship that you cultivate online, because you don't have the body language or eye contact that might give you signals as to whether or not to trust someone. Bit more tricky to rely on emojis! Very thought provoking #fridayreflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. that's the thing.. the only aspect on which people judge/form an image of yours is the way you write stuff..
      I am pretty cautious that ways..!
      Glad to know about you..

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Hi Gerts I think I'm the opposite to you. I am more comfortable talking to people online. We are all different aren't we. Perhaps I am more at ease not having to see the other person and I know I can write things that I would be hesitant to say face to face. I enjoyed reading your thoughts #FridayReflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are.. writing things is always better than expressing them in person.. at least we get to say our heart out, don't we..
      Thanks a lot Sue :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Hmmm, this is an interesting perspective. I guess I would have to say I am an extrovert both in person and online. I have been meeting and getting to know people in an online space for over a decade. As homeschoolers, we participated in co-ops with people living all over the world, and we got to know them very well. As a matter of fact, they are some of my closest friendships, even though we have only seen each other face to face a handful of times. I found that getting to know people online is, for the most part, just like getting to know them in person. Yes, you do have to be a bit cautious and take personal safety seriously, but I have found that being myself makes establishing these online relationships easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing people and interacting with them over a decade.. You seem to have become professional, aren't you? Glad to know about you

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. It is good to be an introvert online, or be cautious about how you interact. Interesting thoughts shared by you and the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an introvert, no doubt about it. I share what I feel comfortable with, but I keep a lot more in. I also find it hard to promote myself. The more I interact with someone either on or off line I begin to open up much more, but it takes me a while. Great post, thanks for linking #Fridayreflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. the more you share, the more you'll tend to open and the more you'll enjoy yourself.. It's always good to open up and talk about ourselves..
      Thanks for dropping by Mackenzie :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny