Wednesday 4 November 2015

What's in Name? Let's find out!


Print
When I was a child, I found my name quite Okay kinds. It was not that common then. Seriously! As I grew up, I realized.. it has become a bit common. And people never wrote it correctly.. They sometimes wrote, 'Gitika', or 'Giteeka', or 'Geeteeka'..!! O boy, it used to be so annoying.. so whenever  my name had to be written anywhere, I ended up telling them before hand, 'Geetika', with a double 'e' and then 'tika'..!! Funny it looks to now! :P

 But nevertheless, my friends address me Geet, Geets, Getika and I was all gaga over my name!

Geetika means a small sweet little song. It is derived from a Sanskrit word ‘geet’. Isn’t it fascinating?
And it’s not stated anywhere but people do address me as the Rhythm of their Lives/Love! Oh No..! I’m not boasting.. I didn’t even think about it either. I have proof. You can check it out here!

I guess, now you’re convinced, right?! And if still not, then I think we should catch up sometime, may be you’ll learn something about a sweet little song (^_^) (*blushes*)!
And have you seen the famous ‘JabWe Met’?  Of course you’ve seen.. How can someone not see that movie? Anyway, I was exactly the same Geet. I did a skit as well in my college, taking a few scenes from the movie. All my friends knew about it and could relate with it! And the skit was pretty good as well..

I literally remember each and every dialogue of the movie and I can enact as well! Yes.. ask my husband and my friends.. they’re done listening to all of them. Whenever any situation comes, I have a dialogue ready on my tongue..! As it is I’m always ready to blabber, but during those times, the dialogues, just suits the situation! And I love every bit of it.. (*winks*)

Enough about my name.. Time to know about yours. Start talking or writing.. and I am all ready to listen!

Thanks Shailaja for coming with such an interesting topic.. I totally enjoyed writing this one!

Linking with NoMo- Day 4

Happy Reading


Cheers

30 Discussion

  1. 'A rose by any other name is just as sweet.'
    I often wonder if we grow into our name and act accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this and a truly interesting topic...
    My name holds many stories tooo...
    To quote one, my name is Satya and people often write - SATHYA... Annoying!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah..it's quite irritating when people write or pronounce it wrong! Thank Loco..
      and thanks for revealing your name as well.. I didn't know it, until now.. :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. hahaha I very well remember Geet of Jab We Met and absolutely loved her :D It would be fun to listen to your dialogues :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'd love to do it ;)
      Thanks a lot Raj!

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. :) I have a Big name .. so it has taken all shapes there can be I am bikram, bikky,Bik,B,mann, bikku and so on ..

    and yes definitely would be great meeting up :)

    take care

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem usually come with people who have big names!
      Thanks :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Nice story.. i loved Geet and wrote a post on her too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get very irritated when people call me Maithili or Mithali. I don't mind if they call me Mitali though *facepalm*
    But the one source of consolation for you is that they at least pronounce it right, if not spell it right. In my case, they goof up both! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.. I know how annoying it is, even if it's about writing it correctly, lest about speaking!
      I am totally with you in this..

      I read your post on Iced Tea yesterday, and wanted to comment there, but couldn't find it.. It was an amazing write up.. I liked your writing style Mithila :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Interesting! I tend to spell my name out for people too...first and last. You would be amazed how many people get it so wrong!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah.. at least then they get it right :)
      Thanks Kathy :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Interesting read for sure. .keep providing rhythm to the lives around you. Baba bless !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. People spell my name wring all the time, and tend to forget it easily. Its weird the number of things I have been called. I spell my name now a days, its an instinct now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. funny it is. Good to hear your story Jaibala. :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. You have got a lovely name and this post is fun to read :)
    By the way - I have to share about my name here - http://happinessandfood.com/whatsinaname/ Read when you get time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Parul.. I am glad you liked it!
      Hopping to yours now :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Why not a video blog of your enactment of Geet :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coz the video size is too large.. Blogger is not supporting it.. I tried!

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. Hmm....interesting, every one has their own name stories..earlier I used to write my name as Akshita and everyone used to spell it as ta at d end which used to irritate me a lot finally I made it Akshi"tha"

    Thanks fo sharing dear...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah.. I had a friend who used to write Namra"tha".. and I used to pull her leg, why "tha" and not 'ta'.. are you gone.. are you in the past.. etc etc..!! But jokes apart.. you have a lovely name.. I
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. people get my simple name wrong as well!! After moving to the US - I've heard almost all sorts of variations!! :D
    I just say Pixie in places like Starbucks so they don't kill my actual name! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhaha.. that can sometimes be hilarious and sometimes annoying.. Good for you at least there are some places..

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. Wow! Nice post about your name. And I can totally relate with the "ee"s and "i"! it is so irritating at times!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny