Monday 2 November 2015

Reflections- October #Monday Musings


Print
Photos say it all :)
November is here already! Another month has arrived, promising to bring lots of happiness, with festivals coming along, so much of food, sweets and family time together. But I guess I can talk about November next month, right?

October, so far was the best month this year. Full of surprises and happiness. It had to be, being my birthday and anniversary month at the same time. The winds talk, the cool breeze speaks so much to me, filling me with positivity and excitement at the same time.

Though October started with a bit of laziness initially as I was suffering from Blogstipation :P, but I recuperated from it soon and I am so glad I did. It happens with all of us, doesn’t it?

Having your birthday and anniversary in the same week has its own perks and at the same time downside as well. Before I got married, the only thing I used to do was mellow in my own world and wait for the special day, for the surprises my friends and family prepared during this time. All I had to do was take it from them, open it, be happy about it and relish every memory that these loved ones gave me. But post wedding, I am the one who ends up thinking and planning for something special, not for me, but for my better-half- A. Though, I love every bit of doing it, yet it would be better if it would be a few more days ahead. But that’s okay.. what’s done is done.. and I know, I should have thought about it earlier.

And that’s not just it, my MIL’s birthday too lies this same month. Or to say next day of my birthday. So it’s a whole week of celebrations at our place, with cakes, flowers, friends, fun, giving and receiving gifts at the same time, shopping for myself and others as well! :) 

My birthday was as special as ever. A surprised me with things I love the most in the most unexpected ways, which was quite unexpected on his part to do it! It’s truly a blessing to have him in my life. I too did something different this month.

I recently I came across a video and shared it on my timeline as well, where I learned that a single human being consumes an average of 17-18 trees of oxygen in its whole lifetime. How nice would it be if we plant a tree on our birthday every year? For nobody will cut that tree for sure and we too won’t let that happen. Plus, we can plant this much for Mother Earth! I was really touched with that video and decided to start this new legacy.

I planted a lemon tree! Okay.. it must be sounding funny to you, but had I planted a huge tree, we’d run of space in a few coming years, and then where would I have planted the rest of trees of my life? I hope you got my point?! ;) :)

October was also about meeting so many deadlines! I had to finish the syllabus at the institute along with so many writing things. I am so glad, I could complete all of them within time, a bit late, but I did.

I also watched a new series- TVF-ThePitchers. Have you guys seen this one? If not, then you have to watch it! I’ll bet you will love this one! It’s there on YouTube. And it has only 5 episodes. It came out this year only. This series is so realistic! You will fall in love with almost every character in the same. I was truly devoured in its fever for a few days- The Viral Fever (TVF).

Anniversary celebrations were great. We finally got a frame for our room with our wedding photo. And what better occasion would it be other than anniversary? A loved it!

And then there was Karwachauth! As much as I love to do, the not so usual, sringaar, this day really scares me a lot. But the day went just fine. I didn’t faint, I didn’t fall.. so it was fine and all of us had a great time by the end of the day.

The month ended with it a few more writing challenges for November. NaNoWriMo and NoMo. I really have no idea what am I going to do in the Novel writing challenge. How are you planning to go about it? Any suggestions that help me calm down?

I am still wondering where October flied. And I am so glad to have so many positive things in my life. Wonderful family, friends, my not so expressive husband, my students.

It was totally a month to remember!

What did you do all October? And if you fasted, how did it go? How are Diwali preparations coming along?

Linking with #MondayMusings
                        #NoMo- Day 2

Happy Reading

Cheers

22 Discussion

  1. What a lovely month you had! So much feasting in a week. What fun :) I did not fast this time on KC. Being out - wasnt carrying any stuff, pooja, clothes not even the suhaag ki nishaani stuff so..Our of 5 years of wedding my score is 3/5! :P
    Wishing you a happy November! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too woman! It's okay.. you're doing good with the score ;)
      Wishing a happy November and advance Happy birthday :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a perfectly wonderful month - how lovely! Glad you enjoyed October, and here's to November being even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laurel :) .. Yeah, I am hoping the same for November.. *fingers crossed*

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. lovely post... I can just imagine how awesome that fortnight is with three family celebrations at a stretch... and I think its a lovely idea and gesture to plant a tree on your day :)

    P.S. Do consider adding some share buttons /widgets... makes it easier for people to like and share instantly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fortnight Doc.. it's all in one single week! It's truly a delight to hear from you and have you on my blog.. :)
      I'll surely work on.. Anyway, I have to renovate the entire blog

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. It was my birthday month and boy what fun it was :D October is always my favorite month :D

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You had quite the month. A week-long celebration is awesome. :) We have our anniversary in Oct too. This year was our 6th. We too have a week-long celebration, but for an entirely different reason. We got engaged a week before our wedding, so we have 2 anniversaries to celebrate. :D

    Good luck with NaNoWriMo. Hope you have an equally amazing November. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..Of course.. one week's celebration is mandatory in your case then..! Thanks a lot Shantala :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a fun filled October, Geetika. :) I didn't fast. We don't celebrate Karwachauth in Kerala. :) I am participating in NoMo and NaNoWriMo too. I know what you mean. I am just writing with nothing planned ahead.It's fun though. :) Have a great November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somebody is feeling like me..!! As much as I dreak KC, I love that day to the core!!! :)
      Thanks Vinitha.. and all the best for both the writing challenges :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. What a great October for you sweetie. So many fun events, loved to read about it all - a very happy post:-) - and planting a lemon tree - wow love that - something for the future :-) Wish you an amazing November too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eli!!! Good to hear from you!!
      Wishing you a happy November!!

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday and anniversary wishes first of all...Looks like you had a wonderful October...Mine was great too...I love this time of the year, always brings so joy that I can't quite describe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Naba :) Me too love this month, for obvious reasons!! It's always great hearing from you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. My Diwali preparations are on track. This weekend will be devoted to cooking some goodies apart from attending PTIs. Am very happy that the cleaning part is on track. For me, November is my birthday month and December is my Anniversary month. Nice spacing, eh? :) Nice read of your October activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Advanced Happy birthday Rachna :)
      Cleaning virus in us before Diwali.. that's ubiquitous..
      Thank you so much :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. That was quite a month you had! and what a wonderful gesture on your birthday. This is something that we all should follow. Wonderful read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)..
      Yes.. you can try.. it will only do you good :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Oh that was a great and very vibrant post, belated wishes for your birthday and anniversary, also to your mil. love the eagerness and the zeal in your post, glad to read and thanks for bringing smile and happiness to me through this post !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That feels so wonderful Angela.. being the reason behind someone's smile! Thank you so much for your kind words :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny