Tuesday 3 November 2015

Of course I love Nature.. Don't you?


Print

I first wandered in the jungles
And admired our nature
In awe of it I learned
How I can get things of my stature!

I loved the animals, and their pretty raw skin
Scraping them off for myself, I started committing sin
Oh! Leaves are out fashion, plus aren’t that durable
How about cutting the trees, looks like my problem is curable!

With pride in my walk and anger in my eyes
Stick in my hands and power in my feet
I walk ahead, creating a sham for everybody
With the intention to deceive, I put a fancy smile to greet!

My son loves turtle, and daughter adores birds
How about keeping them with us and become those nerds?
For no matter how these feel,
All we do is ensnarl them and force them to kneel!

Of course we are responsible citizens
We don’t litter our surroundings
We take care of our nature
The rest what’s happening is not our bindings!

Linking with NoMo- Day 3
                     Magpie Tales
Happy Reading

Cheers

14 Discussion

  1. Oh, dear. What a condemnation of mankind. But so true. Your poem is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Francene..It's always a delight to hear from you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Nice one Geethika.. loved these lines, yes, let's preserve nature for our future generations.

    My son loves turtle, and daughter adores birds
    How about keeping them with us and become those nerds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we were much better about animals and people as a race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we'd be content with looking at and quietly enjoying nature rather than wanting to possess it. Lovely thoughts there Geetika and beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Tulika.. only if were contended!

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. how brilliantly you have displayed the hypocrisy ... powerful write.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome dear, u write so deep..!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Geets, that is a realistic take for most of us have only a limited sense of responsibility towards mother nature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. it's so many of us around!
      Thanks Ankita :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny