Saturday 17 June 2017

Barathon Day 1- Theme reveal and more...


Print
After pushing and dragging myself endlessly to write for this challenge, I am finally trying to place some words here. Some days, writing just doesn’t come to you and yet you are compelled to write. I feel this is one wonderful role that challenges play and this is why I always look up to them.

They push you beyond your limits and force you to write when every single bone of your body prefers to give up.

When I heard of Barathon (organised by Blog-A-Rhythm), I happily signed up for it. What I didn’t see coming was the fact that it would take so much of pain to come up with a theme and write a post on all 7 days. Even now, writing an entire blog post seems like a task.



Enough of ranting, let’s come to the theme now. Did I tell you what is the theme going to be all about? Obviously not! If only, I’m done with the ranting (*rolling eyes*)

My theme for this year’s Barathon will be:

‘7 Things on my Bucket list and why’

While writing only 7 is a task, I’ll to cover big things or may be important things that I really want in life. But that doesn’t mean there are only 7! It only means that I have less number to put here: P

Travel the World:
This one goes without saying for I guess, all of us! But one place that is there on my mind for quite some time is Ecuador. Do you know why? Because it’s the edge of the world! Okay, there’s nothing like a flat surface there, where you can reach the edge, but it has a swing at the end of the world!

This swing is without the harness, without any safety equipment, without any net! It’s nothing more than a wooden plank suspended by two ropes and it arcs the riders out in the air over the canyon. I think this is one place that will take a real test of everyone who calls themselves adventurous souls!

While Ecuador has been on my mind for quite some time, there are other places as well which I fancy all the time.


Source
Sharing the picture only for this one... getting how excited I am to try this?!
I want to try a hash brownie in Amsterdam and get high and probably sit on the road just for fun! I don’t know why I think like this, but I do have this image in my head!

I want to kiss my husband under the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Hey! It’s my wish list… I can think whatever I want!

I want to go to New York and stay there for some time! New York always fascinates me and ever since I’ve seen Sex and the City (am talking about the series here and NOT the movie), this urge has become stronger.

I want to go to Switzerland and feel the beauty on Earth, climb those snow-clad mountains and play in the snow with my favorite people, reach the top of the world and have wine in those chilly winds!

Then I have Egypt on my mind… to see the pyramids and the Mummies. Ever since I’ve studied about it History books in school, I’ve fascinated the place like none other!

I want to go Australia and New Zealand… Australia is beautiful and New Zealand has the world’s best skydiving thing and I just want to do it before I die!

While there are other places as well on my mind, but the ones mentioned above obviously tops the list!

What places are there on your mind you’d like to go before dying? I’m sure there must be many… why not write them here and share the list?

Cheers

24 Discussion

  1. How lovely Geetika. France, Egypt and New York are some of the places that I fancy as well as Dharamshala in India. This one has been on my wishlist for years and wanna explore it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing! I've been to Kasol.. have heard both the places are similar. But I too wanna go to Dharamshala!

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Hey, wow! I so loved your post, Geetika! In fact, I was right there with you even as you listed the names of places you want to visit! The swing at the end of the world sounded frightening, for sure, so maybe I will give it a miss, but the rest of the places would be fun to visit, or even read about in your posts!
    Wish you the best for the challenge and may you get to visit all the places you have named here! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! Swing is one adventure which frightens me... the actual test to the adrenaline rush!
      Thank you so much for all the positive dust here on me :)

      Wishing the very best for the challenge!

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Wow Geetika! What a wonderful list! I have jumped into the Barathon thanks to the infectious enthusiasm of all you BAR-mates! Now which places would I like to visit? I think I want to visit - Cambodia, Egypt, Greece, Peru.....I think all places that have history and mythology connected to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I'm so happy you did! Peru and Greece too are my bucket list I guess.. :P Actually, the whole world I must say!

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. I have always wanted to go to Egypt, thanks to the books based on Egyptian mythology that I read as a kid!
    I loved the swing idea in Ecuador. Surely something that I am adding to my bucket list too (along with screaming my head off and holding onto the rope with an iron fist!)

    All the best, Geetika. I'm sure you'll complete the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto!! I'm happy my list could inspire you, Mithila!

      Thank you and wish you the same :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. A hash brownie, ah ha...my my what a lovely bucket list! The Ecuador swings look terrifying btw!

    I just jumped in after a lot of dilly dallying!
    Shubhangi @ The Little Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a whole page on Travel bucket list :) Ecuador is on my list too - not that swing part but still :) Good one to start the challenge :)
    http://happinessandfood.com/stepping-outside/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Swing actually is pretty scary and that is why it thrills me so much!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Oooh I'd never ever go on that swing. I love your list though - I would add Venice and Greece. So glad you joined in Geetika. You know how very undecided I was too. Just keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the days. We'll see each other through, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am so happy you joined, Tulika! Really really glad about it!

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Oh that swing... I have seen that in so many pictures on instagram. It does give me a serious wanderlust. Love your list and hope you get to fulfil all your wishes. You should definitely come to Australia... A road trip is a must ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Raj! I sure am going to bug you when in Australia! :P

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Whoa Bucket lists are a new one for a theme- damn interesting!
    While the swing is too much for height phobic me, Ecudor sounds exotic and so does Egypt, New York (Yes the SATC series fan here), Australia and NZ - done the kissing in Paree a long time back!! ;-)
    Cheers to this list and looking forward to the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't we alike in so many ways?!! May you complete your wishlist as and when you plan!

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Love the theme - very refreshing!
    I hope you travel to all these places soon, GG!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, M! I am happy you do!

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Aha! These places would feature on my travel wish list too. Some day... and hope that's soon, we get to visit these places. Australia would top my list though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It surely deserves to be! All the best for your travel wish list!

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. "Hey! It’s my wish list… I can think whatever I want!" you nailed it. And honestly, you don't even have to get defensive. It is your blog, your words, your wish, your life :D Just live it fully. Loved all the list of places here. As for me, I would like to fully explore my own city first, then the State, then the neighbouring areas and so on. I believe there are treasures right next to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I am so happy to hear that! Thank you so much!

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny