Monday 19 June 2017

Day 2: Take a girl’s trip at least once in year ;)


Print
Now, this is something that I plan every year and I have to tick it off year-on-year. The fad started when I began reading more articles on solo traveling and stuff. While, I’m still not comfortable taking a trip all alone (I don’t fear it but I feel a company would make the trip much better), taking a trip with my girls has done so much more to my soul than I ever thought it would do.

This is something I always look forward to. Sometimes, because of work, A (husband) gets stuck and we’re not able to go around together, but the travel bite in me keeps pestering to take the trip even if it means going without him. I don’t know why, but the idea of going out from the city entices me a lot.

Last year, I took a trip to Kasol with my sister revelation. We learned a lot of things on the trip, which I barely think about when I go with the husband.

Then there was another trip to Calcutta with the ladies in the house (it was my MIL and SIL). More than me, it was them who were more than happy to go without their husbands. It was the first time for them in so many years of their marriage and that trip kind of opened their courage for more trips without their husbands: P

This year, after being stuck in the regular routine along with battling a lot of on stress, I finally gave in to the idea of taking a break from everything and just have some time to myself without giving second thoughts to it.

I’m happy that I have that kind of friends who’re there for you when you really want to be with them and would travel miles just to have each other’s company. This trip was to Bombay and Pune! It was nostalgic and rejuvenating! At least for me. And them, of course… I guess.

Peek-a-Boo

It mended certain irreparable things and this came as a total surprise! Everything went well and left us to look forward to more such trips.

Wherever you are, whatever is happening in your life, try to find a way and take a trip with your girls… it will heal your soul in ways you never knew ever existed. And if you have already taken one, then don’t stop… keep this ritual alive and see wonders happening to yourself.

Cheers

22 Discussion

  1. Aww, so lovely! I have never been on an all girls trip...sighh! But feeling so tempted after reading your accounts. Indeed I am sure it would be a lot more fun on such girls trips than regular family trips. Fun read this Geetika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I have never stick around quite long enough to make bunch of girlfriends to travel with. After reading this, I feel like calling up my highschool people for a trip :)

      apsster @ Little Heart Speaks

      Delete
    2. Yes, it surely is Kala! And take that trip without thinking much! It is going to be so much fun, you have no idea!

      Cheers

      Delete
    3. Please... without delaying further and giving it a second thought! You should definitely go for it!

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Yaayyy to sisterhood. It's so much fun travelling with girls, specially when they are as adventurous as you. I miss my girlfriends a lot here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Even if they are not, it's just fun to carry them along and have some company ;)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Girl trip is something that has been in the works for ages. After reading your post, I have got a new zeal to push for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww..I so want to do this thing....go on a trip with my girls - your post has tempted me to seriously contemplate taking such a trip some day soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good and happy to hear that Shilpa... I'm sure you won't regret it! You should surely take a trip dear and have the time of your life!

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. That's so cool! I must do this! I've never been on an all girls trip! Must go on one soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Plan it soon and experience the joy!

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Lovely post. We are planning one next month and I agree trips with our girl gang are the best ones. @momtasticworld(Kavita)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds incredible! All the best for your trip! I hope you take more and more in the future!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Oh yes, traveling with the girl gang is amazing. Breaking free from the routine and doing things that we love doing together and non-stop chatter and laughter is truly liberating and enjoyable. I recently went on a trip with my sisters and we had some cool fun. And guess what, I wrote about solo trips for Day 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read the post and you have pushed me real good to take that solo trip!
      Trips are always fun... with or without anyone, right?

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Its a purely fun feeling to go on a girlie trip and even better if its by road in a self driven vehicle!! I am missing my besties now.... sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. give them a call and plan a trip soon!
      I'm sure you can do that!

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Oh I've done it once - a two-day trip, it was the most fun. We try to go for at least a dinner or a coffee and that is so very invigorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... I think I remember reading that post! Actually, some alone time for ourselves does wonders to our souls... imagine what would a trip do!

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Good you go out on your own and leave the poor husband at peace. I started out last year too. And now I am bitten by the bug. I mostly go with my sons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. Lol... That is actually making me pity my husband :P
      I have this thing in my head to take trips with my children (whenever I have them) again, without the husband! ;) :P

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny