Thursday 23 April 2015

T- Tattoo


Print
Lately, I’ve been fascinated by tattoos quite a lot. That impression on your skin to stay with you all your life.. only thing that goes with you till your grave.. Makes you think right? Everyone have their own forms expressions.. few depict in the art they make, few carve out their heart in the form of endless poems, few love it on their body. It gives them the confidence of being onself. Something which they truly own and it belongs to them fully. It makes you what you are and lets you show it all off to the world. People often pass judgements on this, considering one too loud or erratic, sometimes hippy as well.. but that’s not the point. And it shouldn't be.. it should not bother you as long as you want it and are comfortable carrying it.

So after doing some thinking, I decided to get one for myself. Scary, the thought was! Painful it’s gonna be was what people said. But.. there are so many things that we do in life are painful.. Aren’t they? The injection, waxing and to top it all, bikini wax  would be the extreme.. and what about labour pains that females have?! It’s said, that it is the most painful thing that females go through, but that doesn’t stops them from giving birth to a new life and experience motherhood.. then why tattoos are a problem, I ask?
It was last summer, when I went to Delhi. One of the to do list on my mind was to have a tattoo for myself. They say, the more easily you get anything, the less value it will have in your life. I think this was the reason, after scouting a few tattoo parlours I found nothing fruitful in my hand.  Finally, later that afternoon, I reached the desired tattoo shop. Me and my friends were literally exhausted, because of the scorching heat outside, plus the number of stairs that we had to climb to reach the place. This was just one hurdle; the others were in their way lined up, waiting for me to arrive! So before reaching there, I had made an appointment and they gave me one. And obviously, I reached there at the right time. To their surprise they were not expecting me be there at the given time, stating the reason that people mostly, reach as per Indian standard time. As they didn’t expect me to be there, they didn’t had the equipment as well the tattoo artist available. But I decided to wait. During this time, I was searching for the right tattoo and the right place to get it done
Well, here are a few things to keep in mind, before getting a tattoo done.
  • Always prefer a place on your body which is fleshy as it's supposedly less painful. The nearer to the bone you opt, the more painful it’s going to get.
  • So, if you like on ankle or your wrist, you can get it done a little far away from the bone, so as to avoid the excess the pain.
  • Choose a simple tattoo, if it’s your first time, so as to deal with pain.
  •  After getting the tattoo done, the artist will ask you to do a bit of home care for a week. Well don’t do it for a week, but continue it for a month or two (application of lubricant). For it darkens the effect of tattoo on your skin and makes it look pretty.
I've heard from a lot of people who go to get the tattoo done, but due to insufficient knowledge and the negligence of the artist to provide full proof facts, they face problems with their tattoos, like lightening of it or sometimes, even regular itching as well.
Deciding the perfect design was a task for me, but then I was happy with what I finalized. My tattoo artist was from Canada and it was the last tattoo that she was doing in India. She was a very experienced female. And guess what, it just didn’t pain at all!!! My friends were astonished seeing me and got enough of motivation by seeing the ease with which I was getting it done. It was all because my tattoo artist.. she was extremely good at her work. I did felt like some ants were biting me, but all of it was very minimal. I was literally on cloud nine after getting it done. Finally a tattoo of my own.. on my ankle.. J
Plus, it didn't pain at all and that energized me even more! Later that evening, I had a gala time.
That's my tattoo along with a picture of my artist..!

Having a tattoo is truly exciting. Have you ever thought  of ever getting it done? Where? Would love to hear you?


Happy Reading

Cheers

6 Discussion

  1. Thanks for the tattoo insight. I'm dying to have one on the neck:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best.. :)
      Share the experience

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Oh I have been fascinated by tattoos recently. I do hope to get one for myself for sure. Just a little worried about the pain. But now as you said, its not that painful so may be that gives me a little motivation. I always wanted something related to my love for writing. Haven't finalized anything as of yet. Btw, Lovely design of the tattoo Geetika :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to help you out and give the motivation.You should surely get one, real soon Jytosna.. Thank you so much :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Ohhh Great.. After reading this Post I have remembered Some Photographs hope you understand what I want to say... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. Yes I do..!
      Thanks for reminding Abhi..

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny