Saturday 11 April 2015

J- Journal


Print

Keeping a journal was never my thing. I had in my mind to maintain it.. one day.. someday.. and that someday picture was far away from reality. I had lots of people around me who maintained journal, but I don’t think it lured me enough to make one for myself. Until one day, when I came across this video by Robin Sharma. It's enlightening. I have a friend who's a die-hard fan of him and I guess it's for her that I came across this wonderful habit of maintaining a journal. Many of you might be doing some thinking as to why to make a journal, how is it gonna help, how to begin with it and then finally what to write in it every day? Well, it's quite simple. 

1. Start with the things you are thankful for. They can be your family, your friends, the current state where you are today with the faith that it will always get better.
Expressing gratitude for what all your gifts in life, is like a power booster for your self confidence. It fills you with optimism which is a great to start your day.

2. Writing your daily goals everyday helps you seeing yourself closer to them with each passing day and soon enough it becomes your daily ritual. You can also have a vision as to where will you be six months from now and then divide them into quarterly and monthly goals along with the plan of action to achieve them. 
Now, here's the thing, if you really want something and for having it, you have to work on it every day. When we fix something in our mind like this, it acts as a burden or a barrier making us think that we have to do that same thing every day, eventually making us lose our interest. Instead, why not just do stuff thinking for that particular day, rather than thinking you have to do it today, then tomorrow and then day after and so on and all your life..! For example, if you want to reduce weight and have to start with exercising. Thinking today, that I have to work every day makes it a little dull. What you can say is, Today I have to exercise and do it. The goals that you'll set will be for that particular day and won't make it all monotonous. "From now on.." is the key. And I learnt this from Shantala, who is an amazing woman; I came across her and her wonderful blog in this A to Z challenge. Trust me, it really works! I've tried! Thank you so much Shantala.
Today, when I read my journal and reflect it helps me realize what I have and what is it I have to work for. Plus, it sorts lot of things which many times go haywire. This journal gives me the endless support and the will to deliver the best.

Do you maintain a journal? How does it helps you? Wish to share your views? Please drop in the comments.


Happy Reading


Cheers 

16 Discussion

  1. I used to keep a journal, but these days technology has evolved the way I do it. I mostly use a tablet to write my plans, and ideas. Nevertheless, I still keep a little journal for other things as well. Also, my blog has become part of my journal!
    Thanks for this post, and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping one is important.. Glad to know about it :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. no journal. might think about starting one now though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not much of a journal keeper :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start keeping one then..! It's a bliss.. :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. I love keeping journal :) There are many sections though in it - Happiness list, gratitude list and so on. It feels so good to read it when I am feeling down.

    Just Listen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does boosts up during our lows..
      Thanks a lot Swathi..

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. I have notebooks galore but don't really maintain a journal of sorts. I keep thinking I should but what with the blog and other creative writing I do, I feel like I can't just keep a journal! Should try it again. :)

    Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping a journal is actually a very good idea, but, I just can't seem to make myself do it. I even installed an app on my phone for it, so I wouldn't even have to look for a diary and pen. Didn't work.
    Glad to connect with you via AtoZ. Hope you'll visit my blog too sometime. :)

    A to Z Participant
    miss_teerious

    ReplyDelete
  7. I maintain a journal... These days I am not as regular as I used to be...
    But it certainly is my best friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny