Tuesday 14 April 2015

L- Liberal


Print

I was a child, young and naive
didn't know all the complexities of life.
I got the attention, I got the love
I got the right values
And the right lessons above all.

“Why you’re shouting? You’re a girl”
“Why you’re not in the house to help your folks?”
“Why you’re playing with boys and not with needles?”
“And why you’re wearing those clothes so short?”
I heard all this and laughed out loud
Are you insane, is what came out of my mouth!

“You are studying so that you can teach your children,
And not because, you’ll be working somewhere
Don’t give me those stern looks,
Or without any doubt, you’ll be in despair!”

“Now you listen to me, once and for all,
I'm not your puppet, who will dance on your call.
I’ll do what my heart says
And dwell where my mind stays.
I’ll cease this orthodox approach
And be liberal in my own ways.
For I respect one’s views and
Accept the way it should be put to good use!
It’s not my business, if the girl next door dates other girl
I don’t care, if that guy is partying all night,
I don’t mind if it’s a live-in or an inter-caste marriage
As long as it is not destroying my surroundings!”

Its one’s free will
And the rest should chill
If you want to chip in something
Just relax and be a liberal!

Happy Reading

Cheers 

12 Discussion

  1. Casting stereotypes are a curse of our society. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are Aathira..
      Thank you so much..

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Loved your thoughts :) Good that you refused to be bound by society's norms and follow your own heart :)

    Like It Happened Yesterdy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you've written means a lot to me..
      Thank you so much Swathi!

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Gender stereotypes really annoy me. You made a good point. I wrote a post on gender bias some weeks back. If time permits, you can check it out here
    *Do not treat your daughter like your son*

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved it! pple who think girls should help around the house and as you said 'play with needles' are appalling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cool post. I would recommend this for everyone, girl or boy alike. Gender biasing has seen extreme consequences. I hope people understand that deep inside we are souls, and should not be judged by our caste, creed, race, gender, color, background

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the need of the hour ... powerful write.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny