Wednesday 22 April 2015

S- Sin


Print
“Are you sure you don’t want to contribute anything to it?”

“What else do I say to this? I have said enough”

“I don’t think so.. there’s a lot more to it than what you’re saying”

“If you know so much, then why do you ask so many questions in the first place; moreover there’s nothing more to this that I can add”

“Don’t blame me in the end, coz you are the one who is putting me into this coercion, plus do not regret after I open my mouth”

“Are you warning me? M not scared of anything.. do what want.. say what you can..”

“You won’t be able to digest the truth”

“Oh! I bet..!”

“Why do you hide things from me? If you’re not happy with me, then say it.. let me know.. do something about it, and if doesn't works out, then split..go your way.. I don’t want a relationship just for the sake of having it! As long as it’s true, and it holds each other together, and we both feel this need to be with each other, I don’t mind staying in one!!”

“What on earth are you saying? And what is wrong with us? Everything seems fine to me.. our relationship.. ‘err’ marriage is doing just fine.”

“Really..?! I had no idea about that! Surely, checking out your exe’s profile or her pictures every other day is normal.. Secretly being in touch with her via mails or messages and sometimes meeting as well is a sign of healthy affair and not a healthy marriage!! Had I known this, I wouldn’t have sacrificed my dreams for your sake! I would continue with work and neglect our kids, then I guess you’d understand the gravity of this entire conversation. Oh,. And yess.. how can I forget to mention all your office flings, the beeping of your device in the middle of the night, or at 5 in the morning!
Just because I don’t say anything doesn’t mean I don’t know anything!”

I was dumbstruck for a moment, trying to digest the reality with which my wife was fully aware. I kept mum for a few minutes, figuring out what to say and how to put all of this. All these years, I'm the one who’s been taking advantage of all the leisure in the name of work, and sneaking out whenever it came to shouldering of responsibilities. I am sorry, more than anything.

“I'm leaving”

“Leaving? Where?”

“Leaving you! Leaving this house.. m taking the kids along with me. Please do not try to contact me. I'm done with you and your lecherous activities.”

“Please.. don’t go”

“I told you, don’t regret if I open my mouth.”

She leaves..

I knew in my heart what I was doing with her was not right , but what I never thought was  it will sacrifice my family to pay the price for my sins!  

Happy Reading

Cheers

8 Discussion

  1. Last Lines are seriously too good...keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its I'm and not M. Do not use sms lingo while writing posts :)

    Ofcourse he should have known the price he has to pay for his flings. Which woman would stay with a man after he has cheated her so much? It is the only choice to leave. He should have seen that coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he deserved it. I am surprised that he did not see it coming.
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely written. First I thought how the story is related to Sin. Got to know when I read the last line. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Sonali..

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny