Tuesday 29 December 2015

Year of Firsts that was 2015


Print
As I sit with my laptop, thinking about how 2015 went by, the only thing that comes to me is how glorious the year turned out for me. 2015 was perhaps, the most resplendent year of my life, both in terms of my personal and professional life. It was a year that satiated the dreamer in me. Yes, there were specks of sorrows as well, but then what’s true happiness if there’s no sadness? And I am glad I could overcome all of it and didn’t let my fiery spirit die. There are so many things that I am grateful for, so much that 2015 has given me, of course, I had to jot it down and embrace everything around!

Here’s listing below my learning’s, my gratitude this year-

1. It was a year of so many Firsts! My first post being published on web, first win at Writer’s Ezine, my first post winning at Blogadda along with being published at Women’s Web and attending a conference for the same, celebrating first Teacher’s Day, asked to review a book for the first time, receiving a gift from Secret Santa for the first time, first Tangy Tuesday pick at Blogadda, receiving the first bloggeraward, celebrating Friendships Day first time with Myself, having the first WOW post, being published at Story Mirror. Gosh! It truly was a year of Firsts! Not to mention my story and poems have made to the anthology this year which shall be published soon! And as I write this post, I realize there is a glow of happiness on my face, which I completely devour.

2. I realized as and when you grow, it’s hard to maintain that same level of your friendship alive. It takes lot many efforts for things to remain the same. But friends are the wonderful family one can ever have. They will be there through your thick and thin and I am so glad to have them.

3. When I read my reflections post of January this year, I found out about being so paranoid about my writing, and the ritual to maintain it. Today, I only laugh at it, but somewhere deep down, I am still worried, and yet there exists so much of gratification inside me for completing it religiously.

4. One thing that I am really willing to carry forward next year is the fact it is you and only you who can help yourself more than anyone in the world. There will be people who will try to bring their hands forward, but you can blossom only if you’re willing to. And that power lies inside you. As they say, to get something you’ve never got before, you need to make efforts you’ve never made before! Makes sense?

5. I learnt that if you’re quiet about something, and don’t have the habit of exaggerating too much, you’re going to be taken lightly! Yes. You heard me right! Anything, that you do, you constantly need to remind others what you did, otherwise they forget easy. But then I feel, it’s not always about accentuating what you do; it is more about doing anything that comes straight from heart! I am really confused on this. Any suggestions from you?

6. This year helped me learn a lot about myself, my family, and the dynamics about how things works, and it is all for good.

7. Technology, it does connect with the ones far from you, but takes you far from the ones sitting near you. I realized everything on social media (or may be most of it) is a sham! Nothing is perfect in the world. No one is. Egging upon sharing every iota detail of your life only makes you look desperate. Come out of the virtual world, and embrace the real world around you. I am not saying that it is bad, but getting addicted to it is bad.

8. In life, there is nothing gray for me. It is either black or white. This year I hope to discover the gray area as well. For my own good. It’s important to understand the politics that goes around you and in order to avert yourself from it, you need to move to the gray area and understand it first.

9. Family comes first, no matter what. It was a year of revelation for me. There were a few things where I thought my family would barely understand me, but they were way more ahead in taking action for the problems that circled me.

10.  I can never express the amount of love I have been showered upon this year. Boosting my inner self and having the confidence to take things a step ahead is what this year has taught me.

I’m sharing my #TalesOf2015 with BlogAdda.

How was your 2015? What is that one thing that you wish to take forward for 2016? Share with me and I’ll be more than happy!

Wishing you all a very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Cheers 

19 Discussion

  1. This was a very warm and lovely post to read, Geetika. I am so happy and proud of your many firsts and truly blessed that you came into my blogging circle. Will cherish this.

    As for the question you had about not exaggerating everything and treading a fine line between marketing and promotion of one self, well, there's a trial and error policy. Try what works best for you. Bear in mind that no matter what you do, people will find fault with you. There will also be people who will always cheer you on though. So hang on to them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shailaja.. It's truly a delight to hear from you.. There is so much that I have learned from you and I shall always be thankful for that :)
      I think what you're saying makes sense and I choose to hang on the ones who always cheer me up :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Loved reading your tales of 2015.
    It was a year of many firsts for me too! It also changed my life in many ways. I am grateful for the year that was and I look forward to 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Pix :)
      Is that so? You should share your firsts too and I'll be more than glad to read it :)
      Happy New Year :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Sounds like 2015 was a wonderful year for you - I am so glad! I really enjoyed reading about your joys and insights - thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Laurel.. You always bring a smile with your wonderful comments :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Life lies in the grey areas. Explore well :) Glad to have discovered you in the blogosphere. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it so? And I am glad to discover you Aathira.. Thank you so much :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Lovely post dear! 2015 has been a year of many firsts for me too! :)
    Learning and growing each day!

    Wishing you lots more success, happiness and love in 2016. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the first experience great as ever Aditi..? Thank you so much for your lovely wishes :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. That sounds fantastic, Geetika. All those lovely firsts. I am sure they are a precursor of the wonderful things in store for you. About grays, yes they are important to find too. Happy New Year and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really keen to discover them.. Thank you so much Rachna for your warm wishes :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. wowow lots of firsts :)


    Wishing you and family a very happy new year..

    May all that you have dreamed comes true..

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post with good insights. The thoughts for gratitude which you convey send a message of appreciating the good around us. I agree that friendships in the real world are more fulfilling and we should use technology to build on the bonds, rather than just being bonded by technology. May the New Year bring more Joy and Fulfillment for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton VS.. and please tell me how do I connect with you? Do you have a blog? What's the URL?
      Wish you a very happy new years :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Wonderful read... Life is all about to take up challenges at different level. Here is mine too http://www.womanzie.com/2016/01/my-tales-of-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. You have had a fantastic 2015 as well :). Getting published is always wonderful. Congrats on an eventful year and I hope your 2016 is even better :).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny