Monday 26 October 2015

Self doubt? I'm sure it bothers!


Print
The thought on Corinne’s post today struck me somewhere. So many times it happens when we want to do anything particular, try something new, something that we have never done before and it is out of our comfort zone as well! The thrill does runs into our blood, and in a tad of time, a single sentence pops up and we leave it!

What is that single sentence? And who uttered it to us? Our mother? Only if she had any idea about it! Our father? Only if we dared to discuss it with him. Our siblings? Only if we shared that conversation 24*7. Then who? Our friends? Did they stop us from doing what we wanted? But why will they stop? They’re the first set of people on earth who make us criminals in the first place! Then who else is left?

O.. yeah..!! How can I forget to mention about my, err, our alter-ego! Well yes.. the inside us.. who knows every minute detail of our lives and keeps us knocking apart from what we want to do! Yes, it does tells us right things as well at times. But like I said, at times! It surely helps us stay grounded, but who wants to go underground?
Self doubt is the worst enemy I guess. For we try to keep the first brick of self confidence.. and there it comes from nowhere, smashing away all of it..! And, we adults are not the only victims of it, children too have a lot of this! But how come these toddlers at such a tender age pick it from? Well no prize for guesses, it’s obviously us! I think we really need to think before acting and saying things before them! They really pick fast!

So what can be done, in order to cure this malady of self doubt? Saying/writing affirmative sentences could help.

I looked for a few. Some did scare me as well, but then if your dreams don’t scare you, may be they’re not big enough!

I thought of sharing them with you..
How do you deal with self doubt? What things do you say or write to yourself? Want to share any trick? Feel free :)

Linking with #MondayMusings
                      MicroblogMonday

Happy Reading


Cheers

22 Discussion

  1. You can't do much when self doubt engulfs you..well, atleast that's what the inner voice would be telling you...That's when you need to fight and look for positive affirmations...Doing what your heart yearns for can't be so easy and hence you and I need to fight these bouts of self doubt to achieve what we want to..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Self-doubt is the worst enemy one could have. But the sooner we realize these thoughts are creeping in, I think we should put a stop to it..
      Thanks for sharing your views Naba!

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Good things happen to me because I know they will. Well--maybe not good things, but lack of harm.I sail through every experience without being harmed. So the saying is true, in a way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a positive thing to do with oneself.. I wish everyone of us could learn that art..!
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. When you are hit with self-doubt, the only thing that you must do is to overcome the fear... the fear that it brings along with it. When you fight the fear everything will fall into place.
    http://blogatcynthia.blogspot.ae/2015/10/is-it-difficult-to-make-new-friends-as.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. fear is the only thing that needs to be set right, as you rightly said..
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Amazing how some words stick in our head! It's important for us to re-write the script. Glad you're doing that, Geetika.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I close my eyes , takes gods name and GO FOR IT ..
    although I view it differently that Self doubt CAN be GOOD also for us, otherwise we will be too rash and too hurried into something which we might not understand much about.

    I also beleive that to make dreams come true ONE needs to DREAM tooo :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. one surely needs to dream and have the courage and passion to follow it..
      Thanks for dropping :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. I am not sure but my comments dont seem to go on your blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O they do.. It took a bit long to publish them..

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Geetika your posts resonates with every single one of us who has aspired to do something worth while... and self-doubt is a very serious death knell to these aspirations...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. that's right Richa.. I guess self-doubt is a part of being human..
      Thanks

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. I have over zealous friends and a hyperactive husband ... so self doubt tends to get choo mantra. :) Certain things are beyond our control but it's all always up to us on how we react to it.
    Love the positivity of your post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you are girl..
      Thank you soo much Raj..

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Self-doubt is the worst kind. Once we learn to overcome it everything else will fall in place. I usually write down my dreams, concerns, etc. And then work from there. Sometimes it will work out, sometimes it won't. I believe it's all past of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think initially it does creep in.. but eventually if we choose to move ahead, it has to vanish away.. what say?

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Self doubt - it hurts. But then affirmations from friends and family helps. Do you remember the post I had written? "Why do you come here? " Guess that was my way to stay put and hear from readers. It's hard to fight but we must and should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I remember.. and I too do want to do that post.. But, self-doubt.. I think it's high right now.. that's why the post is still not up yet :P

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. When I face this situation of doubting my own talents, I take some time out and read some comments on my blog posts or my poems. And then, I kinda feel this rush of happiness. If that doesn't work, then I talk to someone about these feelings. And most of the times, people are like the mirrors we need - the mirrors who know what to tell us to make us feel happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. sheer words of wisdom you said.. We really need somebody to back us and show us the mirror..
      Good to have you :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny