Friday 16 October 2015

Beauty and the Beast


Print
I think the prompt for this week’s Friday Reflections is quite interesting! Don’t you think?

So many times we’ve turned pages, read articles, written about them as well on how the color or the skin tone is totally immaterial, how it is the internal beauty that matters and not vice-versa.

When was it when I learnt it? Ah! I remember when I was a child, in one of the school books or I guess maybe I eavesdropped somewhere, or my grandma gave me this learning that beauty will fade away one day. Once you get old, it will not be the looks that will stay with you but a beautiful heart that will be there! That got indelible in my mind, forever. I had friends who were pretty.. or let me confess, way prettier than me.. I was nothing. I was dark, I had short hair, my mom used to apply hair oil on a regular basis and send me to school. I’m sure you got the picture of how I looked! I wasn’t a very bright child either. So the esteem issues were always there.

Actually, it didn’t mattered much to me.. but it did matter to the others. My heart always reminded me of how I should welcome good thoughts and be a good person, help others, take care of them, never make fun of them, etc etc. Yeah, sometimes I did curse my looks, but like I said, sometimes.

I saw people being charmed so much with the looks of other people. And I always had it inside, that they’re not permanent, so chill. And who knows, behind that beautiful face, may be a not so very good person is hidden. As they say, looks are deceiving. Well.. Yes, they are!

Sometimes we do judge a person on how they look, but the moment they open their mouths, I think that’s where they realize the mistake they make in the first place.

Looks do a lot of good, but they just don’t matter to me! No matter how beautiful or handsome a person looks, as long as they’re rude, and arrogant and obnoxious and stubborn and obstinate, they don’t value to me at all. Greedy as well! I don’t like selfish people. I don’t like people who judge others the moment they see them. And hypocrites are the biggest turn-offs. Looks like, I don’t like quite a category of people around me.

I am always tempted by the goodness in the heart, the innocence in the eyes, the altruism, fair genuine appreciation is always welcome and so is healthy criticism but no mind games!
I remember I really wanted a pet when I was a child but didn’t have one then. Thanks to A, he got one last year. But by that time, my adulation towards pets was over! I only liked them as long as they were neighbours’ or relatives’ or anybody else for that matter. But A simply loves them. Like crazy. Period. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself”- is what his Whatsapp says! :P
From morning till evening, the only thing I think he think about is our dog. But as you all know, as I have a big and a beautiful heart at the same time (*winks* *blush* ^_^) , I’ve started to love our dog. Cooper, well call him. And he’s such a cute thing when he came. Petite then and now a grown up.

I love to spend time with him. I love to play with him. And mind you, he’s very naughty and extremely sharp. And he’s not lazy, quite the opposite of his breed. He’s a Labrador. The whole family treats him like our own. And now, he’s the center of universe in our house. No matter how anybody else is feeling, but master Cooper should always be comfortable. It was his birthday last month, and I was ordering a few stuff for him online. Usually we order/bring one or two things at a time. But this time, it was different. We ordered so much stuff for him. When my MIL asked, why so many things for him, I timidly cued her about Cooper’s birthday!

He’s now our bundle of joy! Those innocent eyes, that fierceness if somebody else plays with his toys, the incessant wagging of his tail when A is home, the happiness he feels when he have eggs.. It’s all out of the world!

I think I’ve written way to much as for one post.

Time to hear from you. Do you love pets? Do you have one? What’s their name? what’s more important to you, looks or heart? I’d love know from you.

P.S: I totally enjoyed writing this one. Thanks Janine for such a beautiful prompt!

Linking with Friday Reflections

Happy Reading

Cheers

20 Discussion

  1. That was very interesting, thanks for sharing and I totally agree with your quote about a good heart! I like the happy photos you included too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post affirming the age-old adage, the beauty lies within.
    My grandfather had one pet whom we all loved alot, she was a part of the family and when she passed away each one of us was so impacted that we couldn't bring another in her place..

    Keep Writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.. I hear stories when pets pass away.. And I don't want to think about them.. not now.. not ever!!

      Thanks for dropping by Manish :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. I am between pets because I do not have the time to devote to one. I love parakeets, and they are social creatures. I do long to have another one in my life, though, to be a member of a flock once more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really good to hear Alana.. I can imagine the happiness they give you :)
      Thanks :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. I have 3 dogs, a Boston Terrier names Jolly, a Rat Terrier named Pupster, and a Miniature Pinscher named Tia. Beauty definitely lies within and I think the more you get to know someone, the more you like them, the more beautiful they become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow..!! 3 dogs! Awesome!
      And yes, the more we know a person, the more beautiful they become to us!

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. A wonderful post :-) Our culture says "see god in others creatures too". I love pets as they teach us many things which we don't know .

    Keep Writing !
    Dropping via Friday reflection Fb group

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Ashwini :) I am glad you liked it!

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. I loved this post... And the puppy looks cute beyond words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Loco :)
      Thanks a lot :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Never had any pets yet, but someday I'll get a pair of goldfish (called Gappu and Gappi) and a German Shepherd called Steele.
    - Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have names all ready! Great.. you'll soon own them!
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. I wrote my post on loving my dog too, they do just adore being around us and are so full of love, it is so wonderful to have a dog. We can't imagine a life without Holly. I can feel the love you have for your dog through your words and I love the photos. Thanks for linking up #Fridayreflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Mackenzie.. and yes, I do love my dog! Never realized when did he became an important part of my life.. That's how dogs are.. aren't they?

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. That is a lovely post! We too had a pet, a white American Spitz. It died a few yes back but still we have not been able to forget him. Dogs are indeed the best creatures in the whole world.this little one is really cute! lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ankita :)
      That must be such a cute li'l thing!
      Really sorry for your loss..

      Delete
  10. It is true. I don't think there is any other animal who gives such unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. that is absolutely true! Thanks for dropping by:)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny