Wednesday 21 October 2015

Frightening Glory


Print
The days were bright and night was cool,
Dazzling sky in the night and sunshine in the noon.
Flowers and petals,
Trees and leaves,
Ready to swirl and play and wave,
I climbed on them and became so brave!

The green grass beneath
And that pretty lass in the corner
Devoured in sunbath
Mellowed with her book,
Snooped from the corner of her eye
Caught my eye sight and locked it there!
She knew then and there
About my mundane glare!
All she did was smile at me
And in an iffy, she heard my heart’s plea!

I moved around the city and enjoyed its sight
The hustle and the bustle gave me a fright!
The rattling sound of engine, the chattering of children
The voice of the vendor, and the music so loud
Exploring the routes full of crowd,
I reached my house and entered the room
From the narrow window, I savored the beautiful view!
Looking from a height so above,
It’s terrifying and thrilling to see things I love.
The mankind looks like a toy from here
Moving cars, walking beings, flying birds
A perfect sight, I completely endear!

But one fine day, when I enter the house
Devastation is the only thing that I found
Broken chairs, hammered rooms,
Destructing my dreams, gifting me wounds
Collapsed should I say,
Crumpled walls or crumpled voice,
It’s hard for me to figure it out!

Earthquake they say who did this to me
I’m responsible for it, is what my heart utters
You disturbed your mother,
You destroyed her, just to get an impeccable view from above!
You shattered her in ways you can’t think of,
It’s just a warning, she tends to give!
For you need to wake up from your fantasy,
And protect her like your child
Or else, there will be no glory
But only things full of spiflicated stories!

Happy Reading

Cheers

12 Discussion

  1. A dark and solemn piece. Its a delight to read, and well done for such fine writing. Greetings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, very fitting, wonderful read, and absolutely perfect for this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the way you have described the images ... beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really kind of you Rajlakshmi!
      Thanks :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Mother Nature's fury seen in so many ways and so true that we are responsible for destroying her. Very nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are.. all of us!!
      Thank you Suzy..

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Great piece and I loved how you gave a message through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Parul.. It really means a lot :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny