Tuesday 7 February 2017

10 things I love about my work


Print
Do you love your work? I sure do. Life as a teacher has been acutely satisfying. So much so that a part of my life revolves around my work and my students. 

C'mon!. Let's explore the perks of being a teacher,

One The World knows my ability to talk! Just talk! And what better place could it be than a room filled with people, younger than your age, who have no other option than listening to you?! ;) :D Okay, jokes apart, I always find it therapeutic to interact with my students. No matter how my mood is, it always gets better after each class.



Two Who doesn’t like to stay amongst the younger crowd? Not that there is much of a difference between our ages, but it’s always a good thing to stay and meet people who’re younger than your age. It sure adds a new perspective to your thinking and involves so much of learning.


Three Isn’t it rewarding to see when someone looks up to you? To me, it’s even more motivating to keep myself live up to the expectations of my students. And that adds another sense of responsibility at the same time.


Four Daily interactions in the class, cracking jokes in order to make the subject more interesting, giving examples and going back to the time when I was a student! It makes me reminisce my old college days and all of this helps in keeping the child in me alive. 


Five Sure it occupies my time and helps me stay busy. And this is so important to keep my sanity alive. I know how miserable I get and how handy I become when I have too much of time to myself doing nothing. Sure, it ensures peace in my life :P


Six Taking one batch after the other and seeing your students come out with flying colors automatically does the due. The sense of respect in the loud and clear, ‘Thank you, Ma’am!!’ after each class is immensely satisfying. Along with the perks of recognition, accomplishing the sense of identity other being someone’s ‘Mrs’ is contagious!


Seven There was a point in my life where feeling worthless was the only sentiment I could sense.  Things changed with my work and helped me come out of that zone. The love that my students shower upon me, I don’t even know if I deserve that, but it feels exceptionally gratifying.


Eight And who can ignore the lifetime relationships and bonding that comes with it?


Nine My profession has taught me to embrace life, to consider the pebbles thrown at you as the stepping stones towards success and above all to feel grateful for changing lives for good, for shaping the thought process and for thriving towards excellence! 


Ten There was a time when I used to lose my cool real soon. But with time, my work has taught me to be patient and empathetic towards my students. Now I know, keeping calm and being a patient soul can do wonder to your class and of course, your life!

Thank goodness, I've not become like this :P
Does it ring a bell to you? Nope, you don’t necessarily have to be a teacher for it. Tell me if this post reminds you of any teacher? How were your experiences back then with them? Share with me and I am all ears J

Cheers

14 Discussion

  1. Oh to have the younger population look up to you... now that's something :D You got a dream job my dear :D So many learnings and so many are going to learn from you ... Loved reading this feel good post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Raj! It's always a pleasure :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. My parents are teachers and how can I not agree for they keep talking about something or the other. I am not a teacher but I love my job - one that I love most is the fact that I can bring a positive change in people I work with and my company. :)
    Fun gifs there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving your job at the end of the day is what matters, Parul! Thank you so much. Happy to know you enjoyed reading it :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. What a blessing it is to enjoy your work - I am very happy for you that your profession is so satisfying and fulfilling. Thank you for sharing this encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laurel. It was equally delightful to write this one :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. I did work as a teacher for a year in a junior school. I enjoyed interacting with young minds and drew fulfillment when you made a difference in someone's life. How I wish your students are reading this post. Beautiful. The sense of achievement cannot be quantified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,they read and of course, were overjoyed! Thank you so much, Vishal for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. They say that if you enjoy what you do, you do it well. It's fantastic that you love your job and it is enriching your life in every way. Keep inspiring and guiding the young generation, Geetika. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shilpa! Pleasure to hear from you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. My while family has been in the teaching line - father a professor, sister lecturer, and mom librarian. I too wanted to teach part time in India but before that moved out of the country.
    So, I can imagine and connect with each of your points.

    For me, the thrill of being on my toes every time motivated me to explore teaching. No complaints with my current work either.

    Keep enjoying your work...that's what matters at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woa! Sure, you wanted to teach, but you can do that sometime later in your life as well! Sure it is a very fulfilling job!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Simply fabulous points Geets! I can totally relate to all the points since my mum's been a teacher all her life...in fact despite even post retirement she is affiliated to a school as a consultant! Being a role model for young minds is so big! Also staying close to your students, keeps you young at heart! Loved this list. You are lucky to be a teacher no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice to hear :)
      Thank you so much! Glad you liked it!

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny