Wednesday 1 February 2017

For mornings like these...


Print
It’s always good to get up early morning, don’t you think? Yes, you get a hell lot of time to do your work and stuff but what’s more enticing is the fresh air and the feel-good factor that comes with it! Don’t you feel proud of yourself, especially when you’re not a morning person? I sure feel fantastic. Opening those twitched eyes is literally a war. Like literally. And then your brain is always ready with those super creative excuses for not going for the walk that perfectly lures you... I slept late last night... I need to complete my sleep, or else I’ll feel drowsy all day... Just 5 more minutes... Have worked out 4 days in a row, one break is fine... I’ll compensate on a Sunday this time... It’s okay... ok din miss karne se kuch ni hota (missing one day won’t matter)... and so on. And you know there is no end to it, right?

Yes! It's this foggy in the morning.

One moment of weakness in the morning will make you feel guilty all day. But if you’re a brave heart and are able to fight this demon inside you, get up from your warm cozy bed and wash your face in this chilling winter, let me tell you, you’ve already won half the battle. Yes, it is a battle to get to up every day for a person who is not so fond of this ritual.

And just when you think that you are so sincere with your fitness goals and punctual about reaching, you witness dozens of people there already, before you, who’re now almost done with their workout... that is when realization strikes, where you feel you’re way behind. There are people who come no matter how cold it is, how foggy it is, if it is raining or not, or if it’s too hot and so on. The revelation that it requires much more dedication and will power than you will ever have.

But then, reaching there always leaves you inspired for the next day.

Also, as long as you are working out, it’s perfectly alright if you’re a little late.

For the fresh air amongst the serene greenery around you, those foggy mornings that refreshes your soul, the small steps that you make, feeling the pain in your muscles with every stride you take and yet you know how excellently it is healing your soul in the process. Those moments of breathlessness, and the will to make your body move till the point where it’s completely exhausted and ready to give up, and the happiness to see that you’re all in one piece, without being broken into bits and pieces. Sheer bliss.
That's my friend, all geared up in her morning armor,
because of whom, my morning walks are possible!

Did you see, how determined she is!

And for mornings like these, I am willing to struggle and fight the battle... with myself.

How are your mornings? Are you like the kind who get up at the hunch of one alarm and wake up all fresh? Or like the ones who create all the drama in the morning, like me?

Tell me more.

Linking my post to #ChattyBlogs

Cheers

28 Discussion

  1. I'm a morning person and I love the me time that waking up early allows me with. The calmness in the air and the misty flowers in the garden are something that soothe even the most depressed souls. Morning walks are on hold because of the cold weather. Have to get back to the routine soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a morning person. I never was. But still,I do like fresh mornings. The fresh air, the happiness to utilize the time productively is something really different.

      Glad to know you're one good soul who enjoys the magic of early mornings!

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. I can be both, a morning person if I wish to or a lazy late riser if I wish to be so! Off late I have been struggling to get back to my routine of early morning walks but have failed to do so. Wish me luck on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is like the best combination ever! Waking up according to the requirements. Ask us, who have to struggle so much to move our lazy ass!
      I'm sure you'll be able to get back to your routine. All the best!

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. I'm not a morning person so I cannot understand this at all :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol :P
      Get up one day and hit the park nearby and will get it all :P ;)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. I'm not a morning person. At all. But this is my wake up call, Geetika. I WILL wake up early in the morning from tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so great of you to mention. I'm so happy, it could inspire you to get up early morning. And I'm sure you won't regret it!

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Usually a morning person but can become a lazy person on special occasions :p
    But to get up and go for a walk in the winters is a great feat and *pat on the back* to you for keeping it up.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a lazy bum on all occasions :P And thank you! Someone patted my back!
      Love you!

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. I am a morning person only if it is absolutely necessary, like going to the airport. Otherwise, I am lazy. Reminds me of a Irish proverb. If you have a reputation as an early riser, you can sleep till noon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am like that it. If there is something important like a flight or a class to take, then I can get up. But making it an everyday ritual is a distant dream for me. Though, this time, picking up a physical activity has become a compulsion and that's why I'm doing it. Let's see, till when does this routine continues!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. I wasn't a morning person until recently, but thanks to the Miracle Morning book/philosophy, I am a convert. It's an adjustment, but an extremely rewarding one. Glad you are able to adopt and enjoy it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton, Shanaya! Yes, getting up early sure is rewarding! Touchwood!

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. I am a morning person... But dont really go for a walk.. i keep.that for the evenings.. mornings are for me a quiet time when i could sit in silence and sip away cofee in a relaxed way. It calms me down and i am geared up to face the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee sounds wonderful to gear up for the day, Ramya. Though I am a milk person. Let's how long does this walking ritual continues!

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. I am a morning person Geetika! I love to finish all my personal works when the house is sleeping and start with a positive smile when they get up. I also love that quiet half lit room of mine and the serene garden early in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this the best thing about early mornings? There can be so much of stuff which we can finish off and utilize the day...

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. I was never a morning person till I got married and became one. And I love that hour of peace I get before chores beckon!
    You are brave to go walking in that cold, kudos to you! Bet you come back with cheeks rosy from the cold!
    Good to read you again, Geetika!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton, Mayuri! Rosy cheeks, eh? I doubt about that :P
      But it sure feels wonderful surrounded by greenery!
      Great to hear from you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. I am a morning person, and I am normally up by 5.30. There is so much one can accomplish in the morning and it would take much less time that time of the day.

    If you can go out and do such walks, that's the best you can do to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so. I just want to continue with this routine and don't wanna break!
      Good to know you're a morning person, Alok!

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. I don't usually wake up early in the mornings, unless it is exam time, Geets. Yes, the drama accompanies the other times when I try to wake up early for some reason. Good that you are managing to shake away the laziness. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton, Maliny! I too used to be the same, getting up early for exam or flight or test or something of that sort!
      Crossing my fingers for now!

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. I'm not really a morning person but when I do wake up early I always love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the feeling beautiful? You should do it more often!

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. 'One moment of weakness in the morning will make you feel guilty all day.' I can so relate to this! I'm not a morning person, but I understand that getting up early in the morning makes your day more productive and fulfilling. Trying. It's so good that you have a morning-walk partner. It's a great motivation, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Story of every late morning :P.
      Keep trying, and I'm sure once you will get up, you won't feel like getting back to bed even once!

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny