Friday 29 July 2016

Personalized Cards *Cherished BlogFest* CBF16


Print
Yes, I love cards, the personalised ones! Just love them. And the way my sister crafts them, they turn out even more beautiful. Whoever sees those cards wants one for them, but obviously, I am the privileged one here and I take full advantage of that! Not that I ask her to make one for me!

The first giant card she made was for my birthday before the wedding and believe me it was huge. Sometimes, I wonder what is she doing in her 9 to 5 job... O let me correct 9 to no fixed-time hour job? Only she knows!

She makes cards for others as well, her close friends and folks but the kinds she has made for me, she hasn’t made such for anyone else! Does it sound like I’m boasting here? Yes, I am. And it’s fun to sometimes. Yes, I am bragging about my sister and her creativity and the love that she has in her heart for me!

And this not just you know sticking pictures and writing something something. It’s beyond that. It’s the pain that she takes to make it a perfect one, the endless sleepless nights that it takes to make the card for the given date (morning-afternoon, evening is all office), and putting her heart and soul just to bring that smile on my face! Am I not lucky to have her? Of course, I am!

Below is the glimpse of the card. I don’t have the pictures of the first card, but I have the second one :D


Isn't the card pretty? Pretty would be an understatement for a card like this one.

I have another card made by friends but don't have a picture to share with you. Will share in some other post.

Words have a special place in my heart. I always look forward to cards on special days and love to read what that person has written by themselves. It adds so much of personal touch, doesn't it?

It all started when I was in class 11, and for the first time, Ar and I exchanged cards! And the amount of stuff we wrote for each other... It was beyond one's expectations! Looked like we were writing for the board examinations :P

It's always good to express what's there in your heart and receive the love in various forms!

Cards are something I cherish. I love cards and enjoy reading them :)

What is your most cherished thing? Share with me in the comments.

Written for Cherish BlogFest CBF16 and linking with Half Marathon Blogging Challenge with Blogchatter. Today is Day 13 of the challenge.


Cheers

36 Discussion

  1. Cards are the best way to keep alive the cherished memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cards are a great way to express our feelings. Personalized cards are truly special.

    Thank you for joining the blogfest! Dan - cohost - #CBF16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Dan for dropping by!
      I loved writing this one!

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. I agree totally, hand made cards have a special touch of love in them...it means so much more than the ones from the gift shop! My sister and I used to make cards for our parents on special days...though lately we've switched to Photoshop printouts. :D And hey that card looks awesome, tell that to your sister! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dashy! Yes, she sure is! And true that making a card is holds so much close than buying one from the store!

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Crafting cards always looks like so much fun to me. When someone make a card especially for you, it's so much nicer than a store bought one because you know that they took time and effort on it with you in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's always better to make one than buy one from store!
      Thanks a ton :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. How cool and creative and lovely these cards are! Your sister is truly talented! Incidentally, my younger sister is too good at such creative pursuits too and she used to make a lot of cards and posters during school/college days! And yes, personalized hand made cards are always, always, special and cherished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is! You should share the work of your sister some day on your blog! I'd love to see!

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Beautiful possessions, Geets. :) I love personalized cards too, and have been sent a few. I personalize books with a note. Not cards though. Not very craft oriented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O that sounds wonderful as well! Personalizing books! Thank you Vinay :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. my cousin brother used to send me such cards.. creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! What do you used to send in return?:P

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Cards are such a colorful, creative way to connect with friends and loved ones. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would certainly be a card worth keeping and treasuring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is really creative and talented. Art in this form shows how thoughtful the person is with the idea to bring to execution. Thanks for sharing, Geetika. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is very talented and she makes some wonderful cards! It literally takes away your breath!
      Thanks Parul :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Love the cards and fascinate by the hand carved ones. Your sister is super talented and creative. High time she go for a start up and I am sure it will be a huge hit:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Vishal! Yes, I keep telling her this all the time!

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. wow these areas beautiful!!! absolutely loved them :D You lucky you!! My sister is really good at painting but for me she makes all sorts of scary faced girls and calls it abstract painting :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! That's what sisters do! Thank you so much Raj!

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Your sister sounds very talented and how special that she gives you these personalized cards. Unfortunately I couldn't see the image of the card but I can imagine how lovely it must be. I enjoy making personalized cards with my photographs. So special to share like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Something must have gone wrong I guess! Thank you so much for appreciating!

      Cheers

      Delete
  14. It must be a joy to receive your sister's elaborate cards! She is a true artist. Lovely post for the blogfest. My father used to make his own cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! More than joy it was! i was speechless when she handed it to me!
      Thank you so much Debbie!

      Cheers

      Delete
  15. When I read your About Me section, I was completely blown away. We have many things in common. I am an avid dreamer, movie maniac, coffee lover, reader, traveler, music lover, hyper active imagination, fun loving and free spirited, but I'm a Pisces. I love cards, but I don't have enough time to make one. However, I have few cards gifted to me by my friends and I keep them safe in my closet. I loved the way you have written this post. Absolutely heart-touching. As a co-host I thank you for sharing your story in the Cherished Blogfest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it? Can't believe we have so many things in common! Thank you so much Sharukh!

      Cheers

      Delete
  16. Your sister is so talented. I have a folder with all birthday cards my younger sister has made me...handmade cards have a special emotion that no other thing can recreate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Have all the cards that I've received since my childhood! And it always make me smile whenever I open them!

      Cheers

      Delete
  17. Pretty is indeed an understatement. The card is a lovingly given and received work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cards made with love are true keepsakes. The one your sister made is beautiful, gorgeous, fantastic... should I go on? *grin* Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny