Friday 15 July 2016

Are you Socially Unsocial? I am!


Print
Yes, I am. There. I said it.

Believe me, I am a social person, not in extremes but I am not that bad either. 

But when it comes to socializing online, I suck at it. I hardly make conversations, I barely comment and scarcely share my personal life on social media. I won’t say I don’t share at all, but whatever I do is minimal stuff. I am a part of various groups online, groups that support each other, and I don’t speak much there as well. I open my mouth, err, I use my keypad only when it is required. Otherwise I stay mum. I know it's not a very good thing.

I’m still figuring out, why?

Am I a socially introvert person? Yes, big time!
You belong to which category? Extrovert or introvert?

I don’t know where is it written but some people tend to call writers as introverts, which is not correct. There are so many excellent writers I know who cannot stop talking at all. So are they bad wat writing? Not at all! 

Labelling writers as introverts is a faux statement.
Yes, writing does give the power to express yourself, words do become your armour and your shield, brings a lot of confidence as well to voice the opinion one had in their heads for a while and give wings to fly in the world of social media, without the fear of falling.

But how many of you talk a lot in social gatherings, are very cheerful with everyone and making a conversation isn’t a task? But you do have a problem when it comes to engaging with people online? Not problem per se, how about hesitation? How about being an introvert online? You do tend to talk to a lot of people when you meet them or strangers for that matter, but when it comes to making conversations with netizens or anyone, you are the first one to hide behind the curtains, where nobody can see you. I am one of them!

I can really talk. Offline. Period.

But when it comes to communicating online, I fail at it. Miserably! Is it a social block? I don’t know what to term it.

I want to have a writing buddy and I haven’t had one yet. Why? You know it by now, don’t you? I haven't approached for it to anyone. Why? May be fear, may be hesitation.

I don’t know why that happens? It just doesn’t click me. No right buttons for the right answers, presence of mind becomes a distant dream, cracking jokes and making funny statements becomes a task, much more difficult than History and Geography as subjects in school!

Sometimes I wonder, why? Why is it such a big deal?

Social media does build pressure on people. Pressure to be liked, pressure to be accepted, and pressure to not be criticized for making a space for yourself. People tend to feel bad real soon, things are taken personally by the ones who weren’t even close to the context, and the outrage is started by the ones who’re completely alien towards the matter.

Not that something has happened with me personally, but I just can’t come out of this shell that is built around me.

Does this happens with you as well? If yes, then how do you deal with it? Have you come out of it? If yes, then how? Share with me, tell me the tricks. Who knows what wonders it might do!

I’m participating in Half Marathon Blogging Challenge with Blogchatter. Today is Day 1 of the challenge.
Source
P.S: I hope to survive this challenge in this slump phase of my writing.

Cheers

Geets 

17 Discussion

  1. This is so me! In fact, I am always 'offline' in FB, though I am logged in all the time. I begin a conversation only when needed, comment rarely and my posts are minimal. Yet I check social networks everyday. I can't even remember the last time I put up a status. No I am not out of it, not sure if I must do something too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I check my social media so many times during the day and yet no activity from my side that reveals I exist :P
      Thanks for dropping by Dashy :)

      Cheers
      Geets

      Delete
  2. Rightly saud but every thing has both sides good & bad I m a social person but nit addicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That is very true. It sure has a bad side along with the good one. But how should we manage that?

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. I think it has got to do with sharing your personal thoughts/life online,especially if it involves a larger audience that too total strangers.Thats not bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is where the engagement comes into the picture. Not everyone has the courage to share their stuff with strangers and make a space for themselves.
      Loved to hear your opinion :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Oh really? I thought you and I are pretty cool :)
    I am an ambivert online and offline. That includes my blog too.
    It's okay however you are. It should work for you and talking about a writing buddy? Make that one attempt and you will not regret. Trust me.
    Good luck for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think so? I know you are.. I doubt if I am online :P
      But I love the way you express yourself online and that is how I know you and I love you for that.
      Thank you so much. You're truly a sweetheart Parul :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. I think it is easier to talk to a face rather than a picture. I can talk online to people I have met and interacted with. But if I have never met someone, that makes it harder for me to talk to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Very much. Imagine. I've never ever met anyone from the blogosphere and making connections there and engaging... I don't know how it looks when I handle it online..
      Thanks for dropping by Jaibala :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. And I'm just the opposite! I find it easier to interact and be social online. I'm a bit more awkward IRL!

    Cheers!
    Modern Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess even I could be social online... But I am not! And I hate it... But that's fine I guess!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Hey!Is the offer for being a blog buddy open? I am a part of the buddy team here, but I had like to more regular with it. Lets catch up more over these 15 days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I'm late at commenting here but I'll sure catch you up :)
      Thanks a ton :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. I am the worst person online. god know when i last logged into my fb account.. whats wrong with picking the phone up and talking .. or just getting up and visiting ...

    I still do it and I think thats why people say i am awkwards .. Am I :)

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do login to my account everyday but I barely share a conversation with anyone!

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. I am socially awkward when it comes to the net but put me in front of a person and I can talk! I don't know how to make clever tweets and witty repartee on line

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny