Wednesday 27 July 2016

Crankiness Overloaded


Print

How many of you feel cranky when you’re not well?

My level of crankiness tops the charts, box office or whatever standard measure you want to consider.
I think non-stop, I barely am able to find comfort, it becomes hard for to me to lay at ease, and I miss my mother and my father the most.

Actually thinking about them, and they not being here with me and on top of that knowing that they don’t know about my existing condition makes me shed tears even more! Falling sick is my weakest point. I lose my calm and become way too sensitive.

The way they take care of me, no one can and I doubt no one ever will! That’s the thing about parents, you see.

Nobody can fill that gap, that hole, and nobody can compensate their presence as well! And I simply want them around! But then I realize I’m an adult now and should behave like one! You can’t call them all the time and tell them how pathetic you feel with your current health status, coz you’re ’mature’! I hate to be mature at such times!

I want them by my side. Simple.

And why do we live so far from them? It’s a drive of 6 hours, which is not that far, but at this moment I feel it’s like 100 light years!!

Moreover, the taste buds stop functioning! I don’t feel like eating anything or doing anything for that matter.

Technically, this is when I feel the crankiest of all times!

How do you deal when you’re not well? When you fall sick, what becomes your strength? How do you cope up with it? Share with me, please! I need to know and learn it as well!

I’m participating in Half Marathon Blogging Challenge with Blogchatter. Today is Day 11 of the challenge.

Cheers 

14 Discussion

  1. True Geetika. I don't become very cranky but will miss my parens for sure when I am sick and support from any close family members makes recovery faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Mahathi. I want my parents around, that's all I think about when I feel unwell!

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. You sound just like my husband when he is unwell!
    My parents live a whole state away, so no luck with the pampering for me either.
    I just take care of myself and eat lots of chocolate!:)))
    Hope you feel better soon.Sending you a virtual hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mayuri :) Reading this made me smile :)
      Hugs to you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. We do lose our sanity and maturity when things go out of hands. Normally, I go in a shelf and do get cranky. Quite a natural feeling, Geetika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you can understand Vishal! Thanks :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Geet..we all need our parents in all situations..especially when we are feeling low.. at least for you they are not that far away..Get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Very true. I know they're not that far. My mother had undergone a knee surgery two months back, due to which she is resting and they can't travel. But simply by thinking about her and what a brave woman she is I feel better :)

      Thank you!

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. I am crazy when I am sick. First, I want to be sick in a spick and span house. So, I clean. This irritates my family. I am unbearable. I make others miserable. I don't miss my family and I am sure, even they want to stay away from me. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... That sounds the perfect way to fall sick!! People beware!!! I am sick!! :P :D

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Oh! get better soon, Geetika. I am much better when I am sick than otherwise ;) I get to my comfort food, my spot on the bed and I just want others to handle the chores. Thinking about it, I miss parents but more in happy days than sad ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course I want them in my happy moments as well. In fact happy moments feel incomplete without them but when I'm sick!! I want them... Actually I want them anyway! :P

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. I just take care of myself and eat lots of chocolate. Hope you feel better soon.Sending you a virtual hug. thank you for your post Sakura Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Nhi :) Hugs to you! And chocolates sound like a good idea :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny