Saturday 18 April 2015

P- Poison


Print
Read the first part here

 “M home.. how are you? How was your day?”

“It was just fine. How was yours?”

“Usual”

“Dinner is ready. Go change. We’ll have it together”

After dinner

"Hey baby! Just come close and take me in your arms.."                      

" No.. not now. Please..!! "        

"Why not? It's almost a month now, when you've felt me and I've felt you. We've barely touched each other"         

"Get away.. I don’t feel like doing it. I'm not in the mood right now"           

"What happened? Is anything wrong?”   

“No.. not now.. I really need to sleep, I had a hectic day..”

“But I miss you”
                                            
"Just get away.. I don't wanna do it.. I just don’t feel that attraction to come close"

They both go to bed. All quiet

  Next day

“I know something is going on. That is what you do every time and make an excuse and I buy that every time, but not now.. You have to tell me today. What is it that’s bothering you?”

“Nothing.. do not make assumptions on your own. Please”

“I need to know the reason. Reason for your silence.  You know very well, where I'm going with this. Answer me. Please”

“What?”

“What is it that you can’t let me know? Why do you always keep yourself in a shell? Why don’t you open up with me. We've been married for 7 damn years! And you’re still the same. It’s all the same. I thought with time, everything will be fine, but it’s not. You use to be like this, and I have adapted myself to this setting. You being so quiet, you being so hideous.. I can’t take it. You need to gimme an answer to this”

I know what is it.. I know what you’re going through, but I can’t. I don’t know why? But it just doesn't come to me from inside. I don’t feel like doing anything. I know it’s difficult for you.. but, I really am not able to find a solution to this. You've done every possible thing to make me comfortable with you, but the problem is me! I don’t have the energy for anything. I don’t understand what has gone wrong post marriage, but that’s the way it is! Why don’t you leave me? You’ll get anybody who’ll be worthy of you and your eternal love. M sorry for not having answers to your questions. M sorry for not letting you in. My sorry for not being able to give in to you completely!

“What are you thinking? What is it? Tell me”

“Nothing. You always have to crib about everything. Nothing is wrong with me. Everything is normal. I was just tired last night. That’s it. Why you making an issue of out it?”

“You’re doing this again!”

“M not doing anything. Please get back to your work.”

They both leave. With drops of tears in their eyes. Moving ahead on the way where life is taking them and consuming this poison of loneliness every day, which life is offering them, killing them, slowly!



Happy Reading

Cheers

17 Discussion

  1. Once the poison starts...it runs deep. Loneliness is a sad thing really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad. Yes it is sometimes difficult to let people in what's going on inside you. And it's our close ones that suffer the most

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it's always advisable to be open enough to the closed ones.. as you said, they're the ones who suffer the most!

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Sad. Yes it is sometimes difficult to let people in what's going on inside you. And it's our close ones that suffer the most

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sad and so unfair..He should talk it out..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He should, but he didn't.. and that is what sucks big time..

      Delete
  5. Sad. The most important part is to talk, else the relationship will never improve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What stops him to talk ? Is there a dark secret?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be.. may be not..
      thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. I think that's where I was seven years into my first marriage. Fortunately the second is much better.
    Trisha Faye
    www.breadandbutterdays.wordpress.com
    www.chrysnjay.wordpress.com
    www.shangriladays.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know that you're happy now..

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Partners should be open to each other in a relationship, else the poison spoils everything :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what poison does to relationships..!

      Delete
  9. What stops him? Why is he shunning her out like that? Wish he could talk it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny