Tuesday 14 April 2015

#DilKiDeal


Print
I remember the year I got married. So my wedding date is three days after my birthday (No.. it’s not as exciting as it sounds: P). So yes, it was the last birthday as a spinster, last in my house with my family. It was ecstatic. Lots and lots of surprises were there stored in for me. But the one I was anxiously waiting for was from my sister. She had been working on my gift for months. Of course, it was a personalised gift. A card. Or The card I must say. It’s huge. It’s exquisite. It’s beautiful. I was literally speechless then (: P), and my eyes were doing the talking! I had never felt that special, that happy before. I owed her. A lot. She’s been the reason behind my smiles, the strength behind my weaknesses, the hope behind my pain. She’s stood beside me through every thick and thin in my life. She’s the one who cares so much about my happiness and makes me feel special and when it comes to her birthdays, I do stuff but not as special as she do’s for me. So yeah, I owed her. Big time. 

Later that year, I was occupied with other ceremonies, weddings, dinners, travelling, settling down, etc. So I couldn't really do anything special for her on her birthday. And I was the one who ended up being sad for not being able to do it.

This time, I decided, not to leave things in fate’s hand. I make good cards but not better than hers. The gift had to be a personalised one. Made by me. I've never tried my hands on a website, so this time I was like why not give it a shot?!

And then the inside joggling of mind and heart started.

Mind- “Website? You crazy? You've never done that before!”

Heart-“So? There are lot of things I haven’t done, which doesn't mean I won’t do them ever!”

Mind- “OK. What in a website?”

Heart- “It’ll all be about her.”

Mind- “What about her? You gotta be clear on this!”

Heart- “I don’t know. May be her photographs, her childhood, her particulars I guess.. M not sure though.”

Mind- “And when are you gonna be sure? It’s not even a month for her birthday. Plus you have this family trip coming up, where she’ll be with you round the clock, keeping you off the website thing..!”

Heart- “why you shouting at me.. I’ll manage.”

Mind- “Fine. Get lost.”

Heart- “Get lost.”

Phew..! That is what my inside state is most of the times. And it creates utter confusion. Well, with the help of Facebook and Whatsapp, I came in contact with as many friends as I could reach and have birthday messages for her. Technology does make things easier. Now as m talking about technology, let me tell one thing/truth that happens for sure. When you will slowly be getting along well with it, it’ll ditch you. It might get crashed, or it might stop working and you’ll have to repeat the entire thing from the very beginning, which is the time when it totally gets on nerves! Or when you’re on the verge of finishing your work, something will come up and then what.. start again.. SIMPLE!! At that point, the only war that you have is with yourself.

Mind-“Urrgggghh.. Not again. M done with it.”

Heart-“ What do you mean, you’re done with it?”

Mind-“ I can’t do it any more. Posting hell lot of pictures, entering these countless messages, giving descriptions, adding the favourites.. AGAIN..I can’t do it any more. Think of some other thing. We’re not into this.”

Heart- “Just think how happy she’ll be seeing all of it, imagine the smile on her beautiful face, it will all be out of the world feeling. And don’t you remember what she did for you?”

Mind- “Why it is that you win every time?”

Heart- “Now, come on, let’s get back to it”

I had put it on halt during the family vacation and resumed to it when I got back. Finally, on her birthday when she opened it and started discovering what was stored in for her, she was giving her patent reaction. Tears. Yes, that’s the best form of expressing her joys and sorrows! And she was all speechless.

“Di, what have you done? When did you do it? It must have taken months to prepare.. so many photos, I sort of forgot all these moments, and how did you reach COE (her training program) friends? You have no idea what you have given and what you mean to me!”

“Shh.. it’s your birthday. Stop crying and make the most of every moment of this day. You are special. All I want is you to have the best feeling in the world my darling”
We exchanged a few more words of joys and laughter. It was euphoria.

Doing good makes you feel good. You too can have a look at her gift here.

P.S.: Open in your laptops/desktops only and NOT on mobile phones due to some technical issues.

This is my entry for the #DilKiDealOnSnapdeal activity on Blogadda in association with Snapdeal.

Have you ever made any such dil ki deal? Or made anyone feel special with your way of expressing it? And how was their reaction? M sure, it must be all worth the efforts!

Happy Reading

Cheers 

5 Discussion

  1. that's interesting! the site looks cool!! I wish I had such an awesome sis :D

    Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... that's really sweet of you Ankita.. :)
      Thank you so much..

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. What a very thoughtful gift, which I am sure must have meant the world to her...and cute baby photo! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. it meant world to her..! Thanks a lot.. :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Its just wow! Keep it up grl! 👍

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny