Sunday 31 January 2016

Gratitude Post January


Print
Finally, making time for this wonderful activity I have been longing to write. Thank you Vidya, for coming with such a marvelous initiative. This post is dedicated to you.

January was a month full of crazy work hours. Writing took a backseat. But there were quite a few things that caught my attention, things I am grateful for and writing a post like this is always a gratifying experience. Reflecting on things that help you keep grounded, is something I look forward to.
The month went by in haste and now it has come to an end. Saying time flies is merely a cliché that we hear, read, and talk with every single person. But the good part is, time has been good to all of us, that’s the reason why don’t realize when it flew away. Isn’t it?

I wanted to have my own custom domain name and I wanted this to happen in December itself. But as they say, everything happens for a reason. And this new year, in this first month, I now have my own custom domain name. The feeling is bliss. I cannot thank Sid enough for helping me out at every step.

Having a wonderful family and a husband that lets you be is a rare thing to see. I am so grateful to have A in my life. With him, even the biggest of worries seem so little, because he is the one who keeps his cool intact and that helps me maintain my cool.

The anthology that has my poems and story will be out next month. Pre-orders for the same have started on Amazon. You too can order a copy of yours and I’m sure, it will be an intriguing read for you. It’s available at 10% discount right now, with free COD. Once the book is out in the market, it will be chargeable. That’s a tremendous start to New Year, don’t you think?

Results were out this month of my students who gave the exams in December. 4 of them bagged AIR ranks (16, 20, 24, 25)! All of them my students. The feeling is simply inexplicable. It was a combined effort of all the teachers who worked equally hard and students of course, without whose dedication it would never have been possible. But hey, the bigger part is, maximum students got highest marks in my subjects! Yes! I know, that’s kind of big! When I learned this, I was dancing with joy. I now realize how exhilarating teachers and parents feel when they see their children do well. At the end of the day, all the efforts and pains seem worthy.

My dog. He seems to be more attached with me. He always wants to play. The moment he see me coming near him, he starts wagging his tail and brings his ball, asking me play with him. There is so much of innocence in those tiny eyes.

Due to crazy work hours, I could barely give time to my family. My niece and nephew didn’t like it, but understood my situation as well. Kids.. they teach you to find happiness in the smallest of things. They learned how to play Uno, and every single night before going to bed, they wanted me to accompany them. It was fun. And I too was glad, for spending time with them.
There are countless things that we overlook every day and that is where Vidya Sury comes in. She binds us together. Making an effort to initiate this activity is the best thing to do in the beginning of a New Year.

I am pleased to be a part of Gratitude Circle workshop and look forward for the coming ones.
That's the badge created by Vidya
Linking this with Gratitude Circle Blogshop 2016

Happy Reading.

Cheers

26 Discussion

  1. Wow, so much to be grateful about. Congrats on your anthology ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Alok. Yes, January was full of so many things. How did it treat you?

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. I agree with your comment that we forget to express our gratitude to the little things in our lives. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Ankita :) It's gratitude only that teaches us to be grateful for all the things, isn't it?

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Such lovely flow of words! Nice collaboration of thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O that sounds wonderful Nikita.. I am so glad to have impressed you :)
      Hope to do more ;)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Being grateful is such a wonderful feeling no? Makes life so much better and easier..Your post resounded with one thing, being grateful for the small things in life gives you the greatest of joys..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Naba.. Yes, it helps us reflects back and brings so many smiles, appreciate things that we tend to forget and embrace them even more. I'm glad it resonated with you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Inspite of your schedule, I can feel the happiness. Congrats on the domain. As I said earlier - your blog layout looks great. Also, I can feel you joy with the results. My Mum is a teacher and she talks the same language so I can totally understand. Lovely Gratitude list! Missed you around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that so? I guess, it's with all the teachers. The success of students would feel so fulfilling, I had no idea. Thank you so much Parul. You know you're such a sweetheart, right?
      I hope to be around as much as possible and bug you with my comments :P ;)

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful post Geetika! Congrats again on the new domain, love the neat look.
    And we are truly blessed to have such understanding partners and loving family, who let you be and let you grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Family and partner are the pillars of where I am today and what I'm doing today. It is for them, that everything is possible. Crazy work hours and no family time, but their endless support always eases things :) Thank you so much Aditi:)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Thank you Geetika! Congratulations on all counts - looks like you've had a happy-busy month! I am very glad you decided to participate in the Gratitude Circle bloghop - My heart feels full reading everyone's posts - indeed gratitude shared is multiplied! Congratulations on your book! What a wonderful feeling it must be!

    Stay blessed! Looking forward to your continued participation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. Gratitude shared is gratitude multiplied! Thank you so much Vidya! The pleasure was all mine in writing this one! I needed it and I longed for it and you brought it right in front! So all the credit goes to you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Congrats Geethika for the new domain. It looks awesome. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on your anthology :D your new domain looks very pretty ...and so clean :) Wish you many more things to be grateful about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Thanks Raj :) I'm glad you liked it! You're very kind :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Double Congratulations, on the new domain and the book, Geetika! Lovely gratitude list. Even in the busy schedule you have a lot of things to be grateful for and that's a blessed life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..being busy topped the list to be list! If not for it, I'd have had a crazy month for myself and my husband! Thank you so much Vinitha :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. How lovely, Geetika. Congratulations on the domain and the book. Gratitude is truly beautiful. Makes us count the tiniest blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,gratitude is beautiful. Thank you so much Rachna :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. 2016 definitely seems to have started on the right note. Thank you for the acknowledgement & congrats on the new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure was all mine Sid. Thank you once again:)

      Cheers

      Delete
  13. Beautiful post!Congratulations for your anthology! Stay blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny