Thursday 6 March 2014

Now I know..


Print
It was 11.30 in the night.. I was lying in bed.. Like a dead fish.. Hitched in bad cold.. With water flowing from my eyes.. Nose running.. finding difficult to breathe..  Simply lying under the blanket.. calm.. quite.. Without a single murmur.. no talking.. no moving.. no turning back and front.. like a sloppy head who was trying real bad to sleep but couldn't!! 


There was so much of noise in the room.. obviously because He was watching T.V.. :P
I was trying all the stupid small gestures to get his attention.. to make him see in what state I was right then.. I was really getting handful.. I wanted Him to hug me.. I wanted him to sit near me.. roll his fingers on my head.. give a peck on my forehead.. I wanted him to treat me like a baby.. I wanted him to pamper me.. I wanted him to hold my hand.. I wanted him to say, "Everything will be alright dear.. I am here with you.." 

Nothing of it happened!

There's always this thing with me.. Whenever I get a lil ill.. I don't feel like going to the doc.. all by Myself! I Always want someone to take me. Since childhood, my dad has always held my hand and had taken me to the doctor and I am kinda use to it. Even now when I'm home and if for any damn reason if there's a need of the doctor I sill go with my dad. Maybe I haven't yet grown up on this.. I still feel like a little baby whose fallen ill and need someone who should take care of me!

It was 12.30 and I had not slept.. I was trying real hard but couldn't.. I didn't wanna take the medicines coz it was just cold ( though a little severe than the usual ones.. Uurrgghhh.. I hate it!!!) and I realised even He wasn't asleep! He too was awake.. Asking me to do a few  of the breathing exercise so that I can get some relief.  Nothing helped. My stage was even more pathetic!

He- " Put some Vicks.. You will feel better"

"I can't get up.. My legs will get cold again if I move out from this cozy blanket.. It's ok.. M fine"

He too was inside the cozy blanket.

He- "Ok tell me, where is it.. I'll get it for you"

"It's in the first aid kit"

He- "I can't find it"

"It's ok.. Leave it then"

I dunno what on earth made me think he'll able to find it..

Both of us in the blanket now. A few minutes later..

He- " do you have a handkerchief with you?"

"No"

He gets up.. Opens the cupboard and manages to find it somehow. So sweet of him.. :)

It's 3 am in the morning.. And m still struggling with my sleep.

He- "Get up.. Wash your face.. clear your nose.. take deep breathes and you will feel better" 

"Yessss Sirrr" Oh my God.. He's still awake..!!

Me now feeling much better..

Gets back. Half an hour later I could hear him snore real bad. Me all this while turning my back again and again.. getting up and lying back.. Breathing hard and loud.. Nothing is helping..  wish I could have a sound sleep like him. Help me God... Pleasseeee!!!

It's 5 am now.. I again get up.. Wash my face and try to find the balm.. Annnddd I found.. :D

Me applying balm..

He-"You got the balm? How are you now?

"Not good" He's awake again!

But after applying the balm finally I had some sleep.. Felt like heaven.

It was morning.. I didn't wanna leave my bed. He said no need to get up.. Take some rest and sleep for sometime and you'll be fine.. Even he didn't sleep properly the entire night.

I got up.

Everyone in the house was awake.. Everyone could make out by seeing my face how sick and exhausted I was.. And He asked me like a 100 times if I'm ok or not?!

I took medicines and felt better.

It was really a long night. I got really handy.. I didn't sleep.. Nor did He..!! 

Sometimes, we do ignore what we have and crave for what we don't have.. I don't wanna do this anymore. The way he took care of me last night and handled my tantrums makes me feel, he may not say words to soothe my ears but he'll stay with me to soothe my eyes.. He may not bring me flowers or he may not write poems but he'll always be there to cure my wounds.. He will be there and be my support system and encourage me to move forward. He may not say, " I'll be there with you", but I know he will always be. He may not get excited the way I get or he may not show his love by bringing presents or saying words of praises, but he will be there to take care of me when no one else would be! 



Now I know.. 
Now I see
Please God, help the ones
What you have shown to Me..!

Happy Reading.

Cheers

14 Discussion

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i was reading this i went down the memory lane and felt the same emotions.
    I guess it runs in the gupta family boys, your bhaiya too has this similar trait and i love that about him.
    You both are lucky to have each other. Stay blessed and happy.
    love reading your blog and really like the current layout n graphics.
    keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does this happens with you too? True, its in their blood.. :P
    Thank u so much

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and beautiful writing to bring out a lovely message.
    (y)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy for you from core of my heart..!
    stay like dis forever n ever n be my inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwe.. I love you sooo much Varshika!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This s like LIVE..actually feeling the same while reading.. hv no words for your actual creativity with words ..keep up the gud work n bless u alwyz :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. M so glad to see your comment.. thank u so much..

    Happy Reading

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just Want To Say Only One Thing All Are Same... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is the story of everyone's life and while reading your post I can relate my own story.

    Regards
    Dipannita

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny