Thursday 28 July 2016

Reflections~ July


Print

It’s almost end of July. Yah, yah... None of us know where the month and the year have gone by and pondering about it every month has become a new clichĂ©. But what do we do? Time slips away without even letting us know?

July was a month full of work, events, health and family.

The month started with the birthday celebrations of a dear friend followed by the Felicitation Party that is hosted for the students congratulating them and refreshing them for the upcoming course. This little world that I share with my students is truly a gift in every sense. I cherish it, I feel happy about it and I am thankful for it. Every student of mine holds a special place in my heart. No matter if I teach them now or not, but they’re the ones who have shaped me as a teacher and made me who I am.

After a really long time, R (a dear friend of mine) and I shopped! Though I didn’t shop much but it was fun after a long time. Given our schedules and its timings, it becomes quite handy to meet that often. We shopped, we ate, and we chatted and poured our hearts! Doesn’t it sound enticing? I’m looking forward to doing it again next month :P

I’m grateful to have friends in the city whom I can meet share my woes and add happiness to our lives!

This month also invited non-stop eating. Yes, keeping an eye on diet was put aside and all I did was nurture my all-time-junk-cravings! Of course, at odd hours. I knew somewhere in my heart that I was crossing the line, but then who cares came into the picture! What am I suppose to do?

I saw Kabali and Madaari. Kabali, I didn’t like. At all. Madaari, I loved! Brilliant acting, brilliant plot and outstanding performance! The hard-hitting reality is pointed in the movie and if you have not watched it yet, please go and watch it! And thank me later ;)

Husband was out of town for a day and it was nice and I wrote a post in his absence: P :D

The party with the students was fun... actually more than fun! All of them were dressed up as hell and saying gorgeous would be an understatement! All my students looked stunning! And we danced... and danced non-stop! For full 3 hours and we didn’t stop... at all! As the DJ was changing the numbers, we were changing our steps and positions!

Lots of chatting with the students revealed lots of stories and it was fun learning them. Doesn’t it feel amazing when you come to know so many new things about yourself, something that had been there for a while but only you were oblivious to it?

It was a day well spent, bringing in lots of headaches for me along with high fever! I guess I danced way too much! And since then, I’m trying to come out of viral but just couldn’t!

Today is still better, but past two days, I was a mess! I don’t like falling sick! But then, who does?

I’m glad I could take the class today and didn’t miss it, like the other day!

I am grateful for taking up the #HalfMarathon Blogging challenge. It sure has made me do some writing and I’m glad for not leaving it in between. Two days back when I wasn’t feeling well, I simply didn’t want to write. All I could think of was how to give up, but then the word ‘challenge’ kind of motivated me to stick to it!

I know it my heart if it wouldn’t be for the challenge I would never have written a word! I’m happy that I took it up!

What are things you’re happy about this July?

Join me and others at Vidya Sury’s Gratitude Circle Blogshop.

I’m participating in Half Marathon Blogging Challenge with Blogchatter. Today is Day 12 of the challenge.

Cheers 

13 Discussion

  1. Hey Geetika. Wish I read your post before! Going to watch Kabali tomorrow.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. No issues.. Enjoy and let me know how you find it :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. That's nice. Happy to know that you are back in the groove of writing and enjoying it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice that you have so much fun with your students! Lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun - with friend and students. You know what, being a teacher you can be an adult and a not-so-adult adult :) Know what I mean?
    Glad you had such a lovely time. Hope you are feeling better now. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's a pleasure to have that liberty! Living the life that has gone by feels incredible sometimes!
      Thank you so much Parul! I feel great!
      Hugs to you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Dancing with the students must be so much fun... you are one cool teacher... I should have got one like you :D Hope you are feeling a lot better now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! That's really kind of you to say Raj!
      Lots of love to you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Fun month, Geetika! Love your "Graflections" word! Good luck for the blogging challenges. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's a pleasure writing one!

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny