Friday 1 July 2016

Reflections... Hello July


Print
It’s been a couple of months I haven’t penned anything specific on my blog. A post a month here and there and I was done. Right after the giant A to Z, something got into me! I don’t know what? But I just couldn’t write... At all! Period.

Though I did write a few notes on my phone but they weren’t worth sharing with you guys. In the beginning, I felt guilty. For not writing. 
Every time I saw my laptop, guilt crept in. It felt as if it was calling my name and begging me to use it for writing! But I didn’t listen to it, obviously!

Few of my work got published, and I was happy to know and yet it didn’t do anything to my writing mojo! Strange, right?

And somewhere in between, me blaming the burning heat and the arrival of frugal monsoons, time passed, and so did my guilt.

Off late, I felt I had a lot of free time on my hands, only to realize that I wasn’t reading and writing. Then what was I doing exactly?

O yes, I travelled a bit, shopped a lot, had relatives over, so you see, I wasn’t that free as well!

Two months back, my mother had undergone a surgery. Knee replacement. So I stayed with her for a couple of weeks. She is doing fine but the initial few days when she was home, were difficult.  The amount of pain that she had to bear used to kill me. She truly is a fighter. And I am so lucky to be her daughter. I just wanted to make her happy, pamper her, do everything for her and give her utmost comfort. I did try my best, but obviously, the pain couldn’t be lessened.

After coming back, I was travelling again. This time to Kolkata. Mind you, it was the first trip I took with my MIL and SIL without my husband. And for my MIL, it was a huge step, travelling without her husband... but she did. And it was fun. Full of shopping, hogging street food, chit-chatting, rushing here and there, late night sleep and so on and like that the trip was over... only to make plans for another place, somewhere more touristy: P

Classes are back on track and it barely rains here. And I hate it. Results were out and my students performed well. I couldn’t be any happier.

And it’s July already! 6 months gone!!! I wonder where?

How did June treat you? And the remaining months?

P.S: I wondered if someone misses me from the blogging world when I don’t write. Has my writing made an impact on anyone? Who cares, if no post was shared in these two months? And in these moments of self-doubt, came a wonderful blogger and an incredible human being, rescuing me and telling me that she missed me! At least someone did!

Thank you, Parul. This post is dedicated to you. I hope not to go back in hibernation mode :P

Cheers

Geets 

22 Discussion

  1. You are such a sweet soul. Thank you for that mention. A nudge here and there - that's what friends are for :)
    I see that you had lots on your plate - of course shopping and eating are good things. Glad you had a good time. On your Mum's surgery, my MIL too went through a total replacement over two years ago and I agree it's painful but if the patient is strong willed and determined, it helps. I am glad your Mum coped up well. Looking forward to read more from you. Take care, <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Parul. It was only for you and that nudge that this post came out otherwise God knows, when was I going to show up on my blog :P

      You're a saviour!

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Good to read your list Geetika. Congrats for your published work! I wish a speedy recovery to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mahathi for all the best wishes :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Wonderful news, Geetika! All the best for many more.

    Damyanti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to know you have been busy time Geeta. :) Hope your mom feels better now after the surgery Wishing her a speedy recovery. I could relate a lot to your post since even I had kind of lost my mojo to write in the past few months. But slowly and steadily, I am making it a point to get back on a consistent basis. And Parul - isn't she wonderful ? Just like you, I have been dormant pretty much for the first 6 months and along comes Parul one day, checking to see if all is ok at my end. She's an angel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate this time when I my will to write gets lost. Parul is truly an angel :)
      But have started writing? If you want, I can help you, in anyway you want.. I'm glad to know you've started writing a bit.. I'm sure you will be back soon with that same energy :)

      All the best to you :)

      Cheer

      Delete
  5. Hey Parul wasn't the only one who missed you. Glad to see you writing again. :) Hope your mother's well and nice that you had a lovely though busy month. Have a great month ahead and happy writing! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dashy..
      You're such a sweet soul :) Thank you so much for all the encouragement!
      Wishing you a great month ahead!

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Geetika, I too was busy travelling and didn't post much after A to Z. Glad to know that your mom is recovering from her surgery, we can't see our loved ones suffering.The universe sends us signs by way of messages from friends and loved ones to let us know it cares :) God bless Parul and us all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Sulekha for all your warm wishes. Parul is a sweetheart for all of us, isn't she?
      Hope you have a happy July!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Knee surgeries are tough. I do hope your mom has recovered. As for finding your writing mojo - the one time I did the A to Z I didn't feel like writing for months after that. I think it's the exhaustion. I do hope you jump right back on track. And I'm glad Parul was there to rescue you :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes Tulika :) Yes, this year A to Z Challenge did something to me..! :P

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. We all go through such times. I write on travel primarily, so don't run out of ideas ☺️

    Wish recovery for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to read your post, Geetika. Hope your Mom is feeling much better now. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the best wishes Vidya Ma'am!
      She's much better right now :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Nice blog!!!
    Thanks for sharing....
    Wool Testing | Wool Testing Australia | Micron Man
    http://wooltesting.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feel nice to read your post. Its Awesome Post!!!
    Thanks For sharing this post..
    http://www.davidlynnephotography.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny