Monday 3 August 2015

A Date with Myself!


Print
Late Saturday nights are followed by late Sunday mornings.. and this Sunday wasn’t any exception either. As it was Friendship’s Day, my Facebook newsfeed was loaded with all the photographs, posts, texts, messages.. people celebrating this beautiful day and expressing all of it their besties.. and so was it with whatsapp. It truly is a delight to rejoice your friendship and feel blessed to have all those bunch of beautiful monsters in your life.

I have celebrated Friendship’s Day like crazy, with all my friends and I cherish every moment when I recall those times. But right now, after so many years.. so many things change.. place, work, marriage, kids and the world becomes all upside down, with just one thing remaining the same.. Friendship! It is one thing that keeps me going.. helps me be myself.. gives me the confidence to shine bright each day.. rejuvenates my aura and cheers up my mood.. gives me courage to do things right, make things right.. Yes, all of it is what friendship does to me. 
This time it was all about receiving a few calls, expressing all the love on texts.. not because it’s different, but because, everything has been expressed and told and said like a billion times, and all of us know everyone’s story, that a simple text makes me feel, it’s sufficient.. coz we know what we have in our hearts.

So, as I’ve already told you, I have been busy making friends all my life, I didn’t realize, it’s important for me to be friends with myself first.. enjoy my own company, be my own buddy and discover/do things that I love doing by myself. What better day could it be better than Friendship’s Day? After like ages, it rained this Sunday.. making the city all wet and beautiful and pleasant. Now, in such a lovely weather, how can someone be home? Or may be inside the room, missing the quirky rains outside?! So when A (my husband) decided to curl up in his cosy blanket, I decided to take a shower, get ready and move my ass out of the house. 

And there I was.. exploring all the nearby places, driving at a mere speed of 20-30km/h.. enjoying the lovely rains and the happiness it spreads. And in this amazing weather, how can someone miss bhutta (corn)? My all time favourite.. I can have it at any odd hour.. can never say No to it. Next instance, I was, grabbing myself this mouth-watering bhutta, hot and spicy, freshly roasted. While I was drowned savouring every bite of it, I saw a few kids, polishing people’s shoes and making money out of it. And then they, approached this bhuttawala (corn-vendor) to give them bhuttas, where they were asked to get away, for not having enough money in their pockets.

I felt a lump in my throat. Those tiny sparkling eyes, longed for so much, deserved so much, and yet nothing could be done..

“Hey.. come here..”

“Yes didi..”

“You are how many together?”

“We’re four”

“Where’s the fourth one? I can’t see him.”

“He’s coming.. there he is, making his way, on this busy street”

“You want to have bhuttas?”

“Yes didi.. but no money!”

“Don’t worry. Call your friend as well”

I called the bhuttawala guy and asked him to give one to each one of them

And then came another boy, very young..

“Didi, please.. even I want one”

“Don’t worry, you too can have one”

And there they were, all happy and smiley.. That was the best thing for them and for me that happened whole day. I also asked them to let me take a picture of them altogether. And here’s the reply,

Kya didi, photo nikalogi? Police ko dogi kya?” (What didi, are you taking a picture of us? Will you give it to the police?)

Kids..!! How hesitant they felt in the first instant and then it took a few minutes for them to turn into posers :P

I left the street, roamed here and there, clicked a few pictures.. living every moment with myself. But how could this date be completed without a coffee?! There I was, at a near cafe, relishing every sip and basking in, in that special moment!

Later that evening went by meeting friends. The picture below sums up all.
P.S: Forgot to click the photo of the coffee. :P

What did you do this Friendship’s Day? Leave in the comments :)

Happy Reading

Cheers

*Linking with Microblog Monday’s and Write Tribe’s #Monday Musings*

18 Discussion

  1. Looks like you had a great time. I loved it how you showered those kids with your kindness.
    It's good to spend time with oneself every once in a while isn't it?? It makes us a better person altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. it's totally a delight to spend time with oneself.. It gives us time to ponder upon and reflect and cherish these small moments..

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. You made their day. And I love this story. It reminds me of my honeymoon, and walking through a street fair eating corn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. I'm glad, it made you cherish those beautiful memories :)
      Thanks a lot :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. I didn't know about friendship day. What you did was a lovely act - those children will remember your kindness and, perhaps one day, will be able to pay it forward. I hope they can. What I did yesterday was help to take care of my elderly mother in law, who is recovering from surgery. I hope, in a way, that can be paid forward, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope God gives me all the resources so that they're able to pay it forward and bring beautiful smiles on other's innocent faces.

      What you did for your MIL is such a great deed and of course this too shall be paid forward.
      Thanks a lot Alana :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. That's a wonderful thing you did there...I think a little bit of compassion and thought for everyone won't do us much harm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No harm and blissful feeling in return.. what else one could expect?!
      Thanks a lot Naba :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Very nice post Geeta. Your day was made by giving bhuttas o those poor children. They will always remember you.t

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if they don't, then also, it did give them a few happy moments.. Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. That's so great you did there! Lil' deeds of kindness! Glad you had a marvelous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Glad that you dropped by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. You are such a wonderful person! You made the kids smile and enjoyed as well. keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Parul. It means a lot to me :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Just love the way you touch lives... heart warming post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the way you touched my heart :)
      Thanks a ton :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. that was so kind of u. Being kind to others reflects your compassion to fellow beings.
    loved the post. Heart warming post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Ajay.. I'm humbled and happy to read your kind words :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny