Thursday 17 September 2015

It used to.. But not Anymore!


Print
It hurts no more when minutes and hours and days pass by,
But you don’t choose to say a word.
Our long drives where the only sound that is heard,
Is of the song on the radio!
Or when I say a goodbye wishing you the best for your day
And all you choose to do is walk by without even giving a simple look!
It hurts no more... it hurts no more!

When you secretly stalk your ex and show that it’s all good between us!
When you snap at me for the simple things I do, for the excitement I show, for the love I express, for the laughters that I want to bring!
When I lie beside you all night, trying to curl up in you,
And all you do is shift away, keeping a distance and giving me blues!
When the only thing that I crave for is your gentle touch, filled with love,
Only to realize that you don’t touch me, except when you want to have sex!
It hurts no more... it hurts no more!

When you don’t notice me anymore,
Or even when you do, it’s more about how shabby I am,
How unorganized I stay, how there is no sense of responsibility I have!
That all I do is bicker, pick up random things and have a tiff with you for no reason!
When you say that you don’t feel attracted towards me anymore!
That you have no interest in me or my life whatsoever!
That I should mind my own fucking business!
That I should do, eat, go, dress, buy, do anything in the world,
Without you being around or you giving me any company!
It hurts no more... it hurts no more!

When you don’t talk to me at all... for days!
When you say you get bored with me and deny moving out just because it’s the two of us!
When you refuse to take a walk with me,
Or refuse to hold my hand, plant me a kiss, come near me and make real love!
When I see myself all drowned in you, liking things only for you, and you in return pay no heed to what I have in my heart for you!
The only thing that ever mattered to me was love, was you... but now, not anymore!
For it hurts no more to be a body without soul, to have a life without love, to be all numb while having all the sense!
It hurts no more... it hurts no more!
Linking with Wordy Wednesday

Happy Reading

Cheers

24 Discussion

  1. oh..I can feel the pain and bitterness of a lover's coldness in this beautiful poem..you have expressed all the emotions very well Geets! lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ankita :)
      It's always a delight to hear from you!

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Oh this is sad. Each instance is so real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is real.. and yes it was sad.. But like it's said.. Not anymore!

      Thanks for dropping by Tulika!

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Poignant poem. Such relations exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course they do.. if only people start talking about them!

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Interesting thoughts indeed, a delight to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the pain of love that is 'lost'.....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it does hurt no matter how one project's their feelings to the world. Each line felt so real and from a place of pain. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is real.. and it is from a place of pain Aditi.. but the bright side is it ain't anymore!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Oh wow.. This is so sad, it's haunting..

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so sad :/ rejection when the person is right by you all day and night is the biggest heart-breaker of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. and dealing with it day and night.. but like they say, tough times only make you strong..!

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. That's intense and so real. Beautifully done Geetika!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. you wrote very nicely, especially the transition between it hurts a lot to no more..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much.. and thanks for dropping by!

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. That was very moving to read - so sad and painful, and makes we think that they have to find a way to heel or not longer be together. Well told, dear:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O yes..! That's another perception to it.. in order to stay together people tend to ignore many things..
      Thanks Eli :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. So sad this. And yet so beautifully narrated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny