Tuesday 1 September 2015

Reflections- August


Print
I feel I have missed so much. Last week was more than crazy. I had a few important submissions, tests and other classes to schedule. Writing took a backstage for the whole week and I felt miserable about it. I’ve missed reading so many of you last week :(. Sometimes I wonder how do you manage at all to write at this spectacular consistency?! I really need to learn this. Any suggestions please? Second part of the week was spent in my hometown. With the family, with all the close relatives and the joy of being with people who I love so much during festival couldn’t be any better!

This month gone too... I wonder what the hell is wrong with time?! The month started with friendships day and it was a day well spent. Seeing the smile on the faces of those children cherishes me every time I think about them. A few celebrations here and there and I were all energized! Two of  my posts got published which I wrote this month. I was more than happy. It does give you a push, at the moment when you feel a little low about yourself. The last prompt from Magpie Tales, was the kind of write that I had never written before. A little BOLD. And people really liked it. This month I’m hoping to write more on that.

Some odd eating habits creeped in me. I wasn’t enjoying the regular meal being cooked at home and thus I ended up eating outside on almost each day: P.

I love to shop... who doesn’t? :P This month I picked up lots of stuff and enjoyed every bit of it. I saw Baahubali and Drishyam. Baahubali.. the graphics were spectacular, but beyond that there was nothing that excited me. The second part of the movie, it’s plot and the strategies used were inspired from Game of Thrones. No it wasn’t much, just a part of it. Made me wonder what has happened to the taste of people around me. Drishyam, on the other hand, was truly engrossing. The plot, the characters, the acting, the story... gripping it was. One brilliant movie in a long time.

As much as I was stuck with other important stuff last week, I got a good break from blogging. And this month I’ll try to stick with my writing regime. Not to mention August gave me so much!!

I think that’s it for now. What did you all month? What movies did you watch? How were the rains? There were hardly any here, that’s why I didn’t mention any :P.
Linking it with #MondayMusings- Write Tribe

Till then

Happy Reading

Cheers 

24 Discussion

  1. Loved your list and it's good to know that you had a good month. I had a fine one too. Movies - old ones but liked Gone Girl and The Fifth Estate and yes Piku too. Can't believe today is already September 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gone girl is one shocking movie I have seen in recent times.. And Piku was more than awesome.. Well yes.. it's September..!!

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it's good to have a break from the online world and live offline :) Sure you may have some writing withdrawals but you could always just write in a notebook. Movies -- I watched 'Last cab to Darwin' which is an Australian movie and loved it. There were others I wanted to watch too but haven't had the time juggling full time work, university two nights a week and exercising 4 to 5 times a week. Can't wait for things to ease up a bit. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. It is good to go offline once in a while. O I really wish to exercise that much.. I envy you :P
      The pleasure is all mine Sanch..

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful month, Geetika. Looking forward to reading more of your writing through September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to see you more on my blog Corinne.. ;)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Never apologize for living life. It makes for great blog subject matter. After all that is what writing is all about, writing about life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true.. After all being honest with ourselves brings out the best in our writing.. Thanks Kathy :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Good to see that you had a good month, full of movie-viewing and eating out. And, don't worry, Geetika, I too get those urges, of eating out, eating a variety of food on a daily basis. But, since I began learning yoga, this 'bhoot' of eating right has crept into me and I have to let go of my cravings. I, too, saw Drishyam. But, that is all. No more movies for me. Can't sit through those torturing three hours at times.
    May you have a good September, too! But, do remember to live to your heart's content. Live and of course, eat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoga..!!! That's on my list.. I really have no idea when m I going to start!!! And I really need to put a bar at these odd cravings of mine this month..
      You too may have an amazing September..!!
      Thanks a ton :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. A break is a good thing, it gives your batteries a chance to recharge. I am in the process of recharging mine and I look forward to more of your posts. So happy you had a wonderful month, but you're right, time flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O please.. recharge yourself to the full.. it's extremely important..!!
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Happy to read about your good month Geetika. I enjoyed Dhrishyam too. Haven't watched Bahubali. Gone Girl wasn't that much of a surprise for me because I read the book before watching the movie and I must say, there are many more details in the book than in the movie. Shocking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious..?! I'll read Gone Girl then..
      Thanks for coming in my space Kalpanaa :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Sometimes a break is good. I'm of the opinion that writing too much (at least publishing anyway) sort of tires you out. Well, now that you're rested, here's to an awesome September!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing too much may do.. but publishing seems exciting.. ain't it?
      Yes.. now all good.. and back to Geet mode ;) :P :D

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. nice post! I can give you a same pinch for odd eating habits :P

    btw why did katappa kill bahubali ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ankita :)
      Well, wait for it till next year :P

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. ahaa! that was refreshing. Glad to know that you enjoyed to the fullest. Glad that you watched Drishyam .. it is such an awesome movie. Everyone needs a break in life. So now September awaits you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed one real bad.. and now I'm so looking forward to this beautiful September!!
      Thanks a ton :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. These days I miss the consistency with which I used to write...
    In which language did you watch Drishyam? Its indeed an awesome movie... Gripping...
    Hope you have a great month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw Drishyam in Hindi..!
      Thanks a ton loco :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  12. How do you all blog so consistently is a question I have too? ;) Look at me! My blogging is so erratic! Good to know, you had a great month. I enjoyed Drishyam too, intelligent make after a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, there is this break comes out of nowhere, taking way all the writing juices out of me..!!
      Thanks for dropping by Aditi :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny