Saturday 4 July 2015

Reflections- June


Print
It was a month that started with the hustle bustle of load many guests in the house. So many elders, so many kids and too many people in the house to spend their vacations at the same time! Scary as it may sound, but it was total fun. When my day started and when it ended, I have no idea. Playing Ludo till 4 in the morning, having golgappa party, jhalmuri party, classes, dance practice for the wedding, market, shopping, packing for the wedding..it was crazy. And fun. 
These are the times, I believe, when family bonds with everyone. a little effort and a little help from everyone does wonders. Sitting around with everyone, chilling out, relaxing with every one, sharing their experiences, recipes, naughty gossips- it all becomes a part of family reunion. And I loved every bit of it :)

Later, there was a wedding in Calcutta, about which you can read here. I made a new friend there, for lifetime. Coming back trying to settle down was my priority, but again had to go my hometown due to an emergency. All is well now. I spent a lot of time with my parents and my brother and shared a lot. This time, I did not meet any of my friends in the city.. maybe I wanted the entire time for my family, maybe I didn't care enough to call and ask if anyone was in town. I may sound a bit odd, but it was a time that totally belonged to my family. I completed all the stuff that was there on my to-do list and met a few relatives. Something very tricky happened or rather, it didn't happen, but I observed something and I found it totally tricky. Will describe in some other post.

 I was happy to be home (though my worked suffered a lot, but everything seems to be on track now). A, came to visit my parents. And his friends came the other day. We celebrated the anniversary of a dear friend. It was a blast altogether. Friends. Good times. Fun. It was perfect. I came back with new hopes and aspirations for my dreams. I discovered new bloggers and read some amazing stuff on-line.
I feel so blessed about getting into writing. It gives me immense peace and contentment.. with myself and everybody around.

How did June treat you? What did you do all month?

Thanks for dropping by

Happy Reading

Cheers

8 Discussion

  1. great! weddings are fun :)

    btw what is 'jhalmuri?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are :)

      Jhalmuri is a form of bhelpuri originated in Calcutta but it's prepared without mint and tamarind chutney.. I hope that clears.. :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Good times it seems, nice of you to share.
    For me, June was a good month for accomplishing set goals. So here's wishing you success in this new month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really kind of you to say:)
      Thank you so much :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post. Food, friends, family and time away from work is certainly a big stress buster. Enjoyed reading your post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that sounds exciting..my month was all about staring upwards hoping for rains and staring downwards at spilled water on the floor courtesy kids :-)

    You got a great blog there.
    PS do Bengali folks really put mustard oil in jhalmuri like it says in the book Namesake? Just always been curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rains.. they're a bliss.. :)
      Thank you so much for your appreciation.. And yes, they do put mustard oil in jhalmuri :)
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Blog Archive

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny