Sunday 29 January 2017

Moment of Warmth


Print
I was in a rush. I had to take the class and I was late already. And I hate that. I don’t like being late. But that day was different. After finishing the chores, I was all set to rush for my class and there he was, my husband, standing in the way, asking me not to go.

‘You know we have to be there in an hour’

‘And you know I have a class. I can’t miss that’

‘But that function is important. You know we can’t afford to miss that one’

‘And you know there are students waiting. I can’t cancel at this moment’

‘But you won’t be free early. How long will you take to get free?’

‘After class, I have to visit the doc. That pain on my ankle is really creating a problem. I can’t bear with it anymore. And then I’ll have to buy some medicines prescribed by the doctor. It will take time’

‘Can’t you visit the doctor, tomorrow?’

‘Are you kidding me? You’ve been with me and witnessed all the sleepless nights of agony! How can you even ask me this? I have to go today.’

‘I know it’s serious, but that is also important’

‘And this, is this not important enough for you? Instead of taking me to the doctor, you are asking me to cancel it? You know how difficult it is to get Doc. S’s appointment. I’ve been waiting for weeks and finally, I've got one! And you want me to let it go?!  Sorry, Mister. Not possible’

‘Fine! Do what you want! I’ll go alone... without you!’, exclaimed A.

‘Fine!!’, as I rammed the door and left.

I was furious at that moment. In spite of understanding and being with me at the moment, he’s mad about the fact that I’m not coming with him!

Visiting a doctor is a hassle. Sure I have the appointment but the patients have to wait for hours to have their turn. It sometimes really is a test of my patience levels.

I took the class and visited the doctor. A few tests and few medicines and I was set to go home after spending 4 hours in this entire process.

I was exhausted. And angry at him. And my phone was vibrating. It was him. Why is he calling now?

‘Where are you?’

‘I’m home. What happened?’

‘Did you go to the doctor?’

‘Yes’, of course, I did. Why else does he think we were having that argument?

‘What did he say?’, as if he cares?!

‘Nothing. He has asked to get the x-ray done. I’ve got it done. Bought the medicines as well. It’s a sprain. Nothing major’

‘Oo.. okay. Everyone was asking for you here. I told them you’ll be able to come in a while. But I think you should stay at home. Take rest. That is more important. This, I’ll handle.’

‘Are you sure?’, I’m sure he’s kidding. I know how important these functions are for him!

‘Ya... ya... I’ll be home in a while. See you then. Bye’

‘Bye’

And so effortlessly, my anger was gone. One single phone call from him that says he cares had melted my heart away. There was so much of warmth in that minute long call. And just like this, I was spilled in love, all over again!

And guess what, he was home early and sat by me all evening. Now, this is what I call happiness.

Tell me what melts your heart away? Tell me about your moments of joy filled with all the warmth and love.

Cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m blogging about my #MagicOfWarmth moment at BlogAdda in association with Parachute Advansed Hot Oil

22 Discussion

  1. That's a sweet one. And moments like these do show love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're always so forgiving in retrospect ;) But such an aww moment that must have been for sure. I hope your pain has reduced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ankle feels good. And such moments bring the sheer joy, don't they?
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Aw that was the cutest. All it takes is one single phone call. Glad he made it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It is this simple, and sometimes people don't even do this! I'm glad he made it :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. A small act and few words shows someone's caring nature and dilutes all the tension. A beautifully written post flowing from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Loco. How have been? Long time, no see! Glad to hear from you.

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. That definitely is sweet. :) And I loved the post. All the best for the contest.
    I hope you are feeling better now, Geetika.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shalini. I feel good and I'm happy you liked reading it.

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Hey good to see you back Geetika. And this is such a sweet story. Loved reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Deepa. I feel great to be back!

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Awww that was really sweet! Hope your ankle pain is better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels much better, Aditi. Thank you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  9. Aww! That's definitely a heart-melting-all-is-forgiven call.
    Hope your ankle is better now. Take care, Geetika!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ankle is good, Shilpa! Thank you. Glad you enjoyed reading it!

      Cheers

      Delete
  10. Hugs! What a lovely post, Geetika! I guiltily recalled some of my own experiences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't these small moments full of joy? I'm glad this post could take you to those moments of happiness!

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Aww... Geetika... Such simple pleasures of life... They sure full your heart with happiness and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ramya! I'm sure they do.

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny