Saturday 7 January 2017

8 Things 2016 taught me


Print
2016 had mostly been a rough year for many of us. For me, it was good in a lot of aspects, yet was quite sluggish towards the end. The joy 2015 on the writing front was nullified in 2016 :P. There were some great travel stories, fun, surprises and a few lessons which I would want to take forward. Sure I am going to share them here on myspace. C'mon, now let's explore them.


1. Your family is the one only who truly loves you the way you are. Everyone else will always do/say things against you at one point in life.

2. No one really cares about things they say they do. 

3. Your work always speaks for you, more than ever you can say for yourself. Love doing it. 

4. Commitment is important. It will always make you a better person. A better version of you. 

5. No one but you can help yourself. Love yourself and discover the power within you. 

6. Try to limit your words. Yes, it's coming from me (:P). This year, I shall be looking towards the art of speaking less. 

7. Observe people around. Watch out their actions. Be more vigilant. This is something, I really really need to learn. Being gullible hasn't been a very positive thing for me. I just believe what people say or show. But there's always more to it. Which I fail to understand or simply just ignore. 

8. Fight for your dreams. At the end of the day, they'll be the ones that will give you peace of mind. 

Writing sure is therapeutic.

I feel happy after writing. And I shall be doing it more often now. Enough of going into the space of not writing!

Looking forward to a lot of things in terms of writing in 2017, which I couldn't do last year. Happy New Year.

What were your lessons from the year gone? Anything you wanna share? 

Happy Reading

Cheers 

12 Discussion

  1. Great lessons to learn and I believe in observing people, which reflects on them as people, be it work or social interaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could relate with them Vishal :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Where were you all this time?! A very lovely post to welcome me back here :) I wish you a wonderful year ahead, Geet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maliny! This is such a sweet welcome :)
      Wishing you a wonderful year too :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. I know, Writing has kept me sane in bad times. Those are some great lessons to learn and ponder over. I hope you have a better and brighter 2017. Happy new year, Geetika :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shalini. I seriously hope to make 2017 a much better year than the year gone! Glad you liked reading it:)

      Happy New year to you :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Great lessons to take ahead! Wish you a happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Nibhz! Happy 2017 to you too!

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Dropping here after a long time Geetika. And loved your lessons. Not sure about the one on talking less though. I get depressed if I make myself talk less :-). You just be yourself and you'll be fine. You might lose some friends but you'll keep the real ones. Hugs and warm wishes for a very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote after a really long time Tulika :P

      Haha! Me too! But I'm trying though :P

      What you just said is also true! I hope I keep it all alive in me!
      Lots of hugs and warm wishes your way Tulika!

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. Biggest lesson - keep half-an-hour for myself during the day to refresh my mind. I hope it will bring good vibes and energy.


    BTW, I can relate to your lessons. I did or felt all that in the last few years and imbibed them perfectly in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure gonna try to keep that half an hour for myself! I'm so glad you could relate with the lessons. What else does the blogger need, anyway?

      I hope to imbibe my lessons well!

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny