Friday 8 January 2016

Unraveling the Night


Print
That strange stormy night,
All set to make me fright
Eyes all on me
Exasperating and terrifying,
Bringing me on my knee!
But I chose to run,
Run away from all of you
To a place where I could be free from all the woes
Place full of freedom
Place without anyone dumb
Place where I can succumb on happiness
Place where it will let me be
Place where I could just breathe
Place where I could make a choice
Dreams taking dimensions, ready to flee!

I wish you could come along,
I don’t mind even if you don’t
It is always better to have you by my side
Nevertheless, it’s a lonely world, and I should learn to confide!

You know I always loved wearing skirts
But you never let me don one
They’ll stare, and it won’t look nice
You should know it all, now don’t spoil all the fun!

I just want to run, run and run so far
Oblivious to its ways and nescient to its scars
So what it will hurt,
So what if it makes me fall
It will only teach me something
And make an undaunted soul.

O this night,
This scary, scary night
I dare you come again
And I will welcome you with all the might!

Linking with Magpie Tales- Mag 300

Cheers

16 Discussion

  1. nice poem, motivates the reader to run from toxic relationships..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed this approach to brave it all is somuch better than "Once fallen, twice shy" taht so amny of us adopt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. very well said Mina :)
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Poetry is not my strong suit but you have filed so much emotion and longing in the poem. Also the harsh truth of our lives as women.
    Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement Inder!
      You made my day :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. A difficult circumstance ... it's better to find one's own place where our decisions about our lives will not be judged by others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, only if making that kind of life was possible!

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Best to get away from a relationship like this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely written, sometimes the relationships are difficult to carry on with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alok.. Yes, such relations do more harm than good!

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Good one. May we all be such brave hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May we!
      Thanks for dropping by Jyotsna :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  8. Love the brave woman here, who despite her fears is willing to fight with all her might...to be free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too respect her a lot! Thanks Aditi :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny