Monday 29 February 2016

Reflections February 2016


Print
Source
Isn’t it such a wonderful thing to do at the end of each month? Look back and reflect. Be thankful for the good things and be happy that bad times have passed. It also helps you to count your blessings at the same time. Doesn’t it?

Let’s go back and see how February treated me.
  • Thankful for the Book: Finally seeing my work in print, is something that I can't express. I know, it's not that big a deal for many, but for me it is. I haven't been reading since my childhood. I developed the reading habit quite late (in my grads), because I realized it's a good thing to inculcate. And one should read, in order to write good. That's the reason why I suck at reading books. I really have to make an effort to pick up a book and read it to the full. I know it sounds weird, but that is just how it is. If the books turns out to be nice, it makes things easier for me. And writing! It was never on my mind.. Ever! I never thought I'd write and blog and get published and stuff. There are so many well established authors and writers who have published their work so many times, but when it's the first, it always has its magic. And now, it's something I love to discover every single day and want to do more of it. Exactly 2 years before, I was at my lowest. I lost my confidence, there was no zeal to do anything, the negativity topped everything, but I refused to give up. I think it sums up everything.
  • For Good days- Staying together with each other makes a lot of things comfortable. Days like Valentines don't really matter. It's the togetherness that counts. And this time, it was all about a road trip, best friends's company, a few pictures, a lavish dinner, what else can one call for? There was a time when I literally cursed everything, and there came a night when I wanted to end my life, but the bright side was it opened my eyes for a lot of things. After that night, everything literally changed! Me, my perspective, my attitude, and that is the best gift I gave to myself. As they say, one has to go through the worst in order to bring out the best. Well, I guess, the best is yet to happen, but it still was the best till date.
  • Meeting a Friend- O yes! That was the best part. My school friend, my best friend, had come here. In my city. Only for me! And it was wonderful. We had a great time together and we chatted non stop all day. It was bliss.
  • Ignoring Books but finally watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S- Okay, stop judging me! I hadn't watched Friends until now. I don't know how it got missed. But as its said, better late than never. And that is what kills my time mostly, but I thoroughly enjoy watching it. Reading has totally taken a back seat, but I'll resume to it as early as possible.
  • For the love of students and taking classes- One day I really had to scold a student, and my student also realized the mistake, but I was the one who felt more bad. I don't like to scold, but things were getting out of hands, and I had to speak up, for them and for the class. And after that day, it kind of built the bond even more strong. Going to teach them everyday is therapeutic.
  • Attending a Golden Jubilee- One of my relatives completed their 50 years of togetherness! Can you believe that? I mean these days it's a rare thing to see. And the couple, they are very close to my heart. Their family had come together to celebrate their love with close people. And it was such a beautiful event. There were pictures of them 50 years back and they looked unbelievable. What a wonderful feeling it must be, to grow old together? To be with each other through thick and thin, to see other other every single day, without realizing how things change. I so dream of celebrating our 50 years together, A and I, what an incredible feeling it would be!
  • Much desired photo shoot- I've always had a desire to get a photo shoot done. And it finally happened this month. No, it wasn't the professional kinds, but a decent one for sure. My cousin is really fond of photography, and was participating in a contest for the same and was looking for a model. Now how could I say No to her? Of course, I said yes.. Happily! 

O there's More..
My Munchkin

I watched Neerja, and you should too if you haven't. It is a brilliant movie that has come this February. 

March will be full of colors, happiness, food and family. And I am so looking forward to it.

How was your February? Care to share?

Cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14 Discussion

  1. Boy you have a fun month ! :) Congratulations on the book ! I haven't been published yet but I can surely picture the happiness it brings about after reading your post. FRIENDS fan just now ? But its better late than never. Be sure to catch their reunion episode as well. I personally can't wait for it.

    50 years of blissful matrimony is a blessing. I would like to see how I end up on that one. ;)

    Wishing you an even more fun filled March :) I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eloquent.. For all your heart filled wishes :)
      I'm glad you liked to read this one :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Nice compilation.. Wishing u that March would be good too :)
    My Feb was amazing... Visited Goa (my dream destination)... Get together with cousins for 2 consecutive weeks in 2 different cities... Watched 2 movies... Read 3 books... Bought my first Levis! And a lot and lot... Thanks for making me walk down the memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goa is a fun place.. 3 books!! Man.. everyone is reading but me.. when will I be ready to pick a book..? And I am glad I could make you do so.. isn't it fun?

      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Congratulations again. It must be a wonderful feeling to see your words in print. Glad you've had a month full of happy moments. I specially loved that photoshoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it totally is.. Thanks a lot Tulika :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  4. welcome to the FRIENDS club :D congrats on your book...your photoshoot looks awesome... loved those poses :D 50 years of together!! that is so beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm welcome Raj.. Don't I look a bit crazy? :P
      Thanks a ton again :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  5. Lovely list! And you have got great things there - your words in print, family time, work, love, and a photo shoot! How cool. Btw- you look gorgeous. :)
    Happy March to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Parul.. How do you manage to bring a smile every single time? Love you loads :*

      Cheers

      Delete
  6. The photo shoot must have been fun :)
    Wishing you a marvelous march, Geeta
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Ruchira :)
      Wishing you a wonderful March as well :)

      Cheers

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the book. Its a big deal to me too. I can imagine the happiness you felt seeing your name printed. I am happy for you. Getting a photo shoot done is on my list too and hopefully will do it soon. The expression from your collage are adorable. You look fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day Harini :) Photo shoots are fun.. You should get them done sometime..
      Thanks a lot for your lovely compliments :)

      Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny