Sunday 4 September 2011

That Girl in Yellow Boots..!


Print
That girl in yellow boots.. I had not heard the name of the movie until my roomie instigated me to come along with her for it. Like a typical Indian, after hearing the name, I thought it must be Hollywood movie, and so I assured her to go. Very soon I realized it was a Bollywood movie and not a Hollywood one, starring Kalki Koechlin (not in my hit list for sure..!!). I wasn’t really fanatic about it, but somehow I was just trying to be casual with it.

Flabbergasted in the end, I realized I would have regretted it later had I refused for it to my roomie. The movie is not really meant for the typical Indian society. Somehow, the areas brought forward, may not be readily accepted by all. Very few will be able to understand the perspective with which Sir Anurag Kashyap has made the movie. I saw the reality in the movie which prevails around (though not ubiquitous) but still it exists..! One needs to have a very practical notion with an open mind to understand the actual outline of the movie as it is I mentioned, most of the viewers will not be able to accept such a movie (obviously not one of the desi romantic/drama ones but an epitome of thrillers!!). The end of the movie is somewhat similar to the finale of Tell me your Dreams- Sydney Sheldon (don’t worry readers, won’t screw your excitement!)


I never really liked the work of Kalki, but after DGIYB, she really deserves the respect and appreciation of all the viewers, sincerely. Using an abusive filthy language in Indian cinema is not a very big deal (thanks to Delly Belly.. :D), therefore, it was not very surprising to hear that same typical hindi abusive language in that girl in…. The theme or the storyline picked up by Mr. Kashyap is rarest of all, or rather no such kind has been picturised till date (in Bollywood, obviously!). Not a family movie for sure, strictly not meant for individuals under 18 too, displays few things which were not suppose to be shown so openly (considering the conservative Indian mentality)!
Respecting the inquisitiveness in the minds of my readers, I won’t disclose much of the facts about the movie and stop my analysis hereafter!
Just a suggestion, go with an open mind and you will surely find it thrilling!

Happy Reading and Happy Watching.. :D

Thanks for dropping by :)

Select to parse the code (not required if code is already parsed):
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A to Z 2019

#AtoZChallenge 2019 Tenth Anniversary badge

Follow on Insta!

Instagram Follow on Instagram

Connect @ Facebook

About Me

Boisterous Bee
View my complete profile
© Geetika Gupta. Powered by Blogger.

All Time Favorites

Footsteps

Featured post

R- Rogue

It was my last semester in college. Finally, completing the fashion designing course was like a dream come true. I remember the day four y...

See what they're Talking

Labels

#AtoZChallenge (73) Happiness (53) Dreams (40) Feelings and Emotions (39) Love (35) Fun (33) Poetry (33) AtoZChallenge (31) YeahWrite (31) 101 words (30) Blogchatter (29) Expressions (28) Haiku (28) A to Z Challenge 2016 (27) NoMo (27) Life (26) Musings (23) HonestPost (22) Fiction (21) #WriteTribe (20) Random (20) #MondayMusings (18) Hope (18) Positivity (18) Thoughts (18) Family (17) Society (17) Writing (16) Reflections (15) Relationship (15) Struggle (15) Cherish (14) Friendship (14) Contentment (13) Creativity and Inspiration (12) Half Marathon (12) woman (12) Blogadda (11) Sad (11) Magpie Tales (10) Playful (10) Passion (9) Poster (9) Travel (9) Friday Reflections (8) Gratitude Circle (8) Microblog Mondays (8) Wordy Wednesday (8) Love for Myself (7) MicroFiction (7) Self-doubt (7) Students (7) Work (7) Connection (6) Conservatism (6) Reality (6) Social cause (6) Class (5) Courage (5) Dating (5) Exciting (5) Inspiration (5) Parenting (5) Women Empowerment (5) Birthdays (4) Togetheness (4) WOW (4) my take (4) #100 words onSaturday (3) Award (3) Betrayal (3) Disconnected (3) Food (3) Friday Fictioneers (3) Gift (3) Hurt (3) Karma (3) Published (3) Routine (3) Tears (3) recognition (3) 42 words (2) Coffee (2) Dog's love (2) Fear (2) Feminism (2) Guilty (2) Humour (2) Kiss (2) New Years (2) Silence (2) Surprise (2) Wordless Wednesday (2) Writer's Ezine (2) Book Review (1) Farewell (1) IndiBlogger (1) Resolutions (1) Revenge (1) Sunday Stealing (1) Visual Verse (1) Womensweb (1)

AddToAny